You people and your f%#@*&^ plastic. William McKinley, GroverCleveland, James Madison, and Salmon P. Chase, where are you when we needyou?!

Old October 17th 09, 02:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Drago the Wolf

Default You people and your f%#@*&^ plastic. William McKinley, GroverCleveland, James Madison, and Salmon P. Chase, where are you when we needyou?!

I guess its pointless to explain again, but, my mom is getting raped
over $2,000 again on credit fraud. Of course she isn't going to pay
it, but its more trouble than its worth, from a credit card my mom did
NOT even have.

Gee..I wonder how bad it would be to carry around those few of those
more convenient, fraud proof $500 bills over a stupid credit card?

You are not necessarily going to get mugged. How many people do you
hear about getting mugged with an even more noticible wad of $100
bills, than a few $500 bills would be?

Now, honestly, do you REAAAAALLYY, want to go to a cashless society
with all of this fraud? And actually "think" about this question
before answering. I am almost 29 years old, and if I live a full
healthy life, I hope I NEVER, EVER see a cashless society before I
die. Wait for me to die, then you can have all of the credit, debit
and checks that you want, but, until then, reissue the $500, $1,000
and add a $200, as I will always preach.

Also, the game show "Let's Mak A Deal" is back on the air, so we now
need new $200, $500, $1,000, $5,000, $10,000 bills, and let's add $200
and $2,000 bills with it so that the new show can be the same as the
old version where they were actually giving out large bills as prizes
(I've seen a $5,000 bill being offered on the old Let's Make A Deal,
and the host said that the bank told him "Take good care of that
$5,000 bill. Its the only one on this side of the country") And
serioulsy, wouldn't it be exciting to go on a game show and win a
$10,000 bill? I sure would love it.
Old October 17th 09, 03:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Drago the Wolf" wrote in message
I guess its pointless to explain again, but, my mom is getting raped
over $2,000 again on credit fraud. Of course she isn't going to pay
it, but its more trouble than its worth, from a credit card my mom did
NOT even have.

Of course getting robbed of $2,000 cash would involve much less paperwork.

Gee..I wonder how bad it would be to carry around those few of those
more convenient, fraud proof $500 bills over a stupid credit card?

Lose your stupid credit card, cancel it, and get a replacement. Lose your
$500 bill, you can put an ad in the local paper describing it and wait by
the phone.

You are not necessarily going to get mugged. How many people do you
hear about getting mugged with an even more noticible wad of $100
bills, than a few $500 bills would be?

Unless you live in a very small town, you'll probably never read about
anyone getting mugged anymore, regardless of what they happened to be
carrying. Would a mugging be less painful if you were carrying a $1,000
bill rather than ten $100's? Or how about a credit card?

Now, honestly, do you REAAAAALLYY, want to go to a cashless society
with all of this fraud? And actually "think" about this question
before answering. I am almost 29 years old, and if I live a full
healthy life, I hope I NEVER, EVER see a cashless society before I
die. Wait for me to die, then you can have all of the credit, debit
and checks that you want, but, until then, reissue the $500, $1,000
and add a $200, as I will always preach.

Sorry you seem to be exposed to so much fraud. And I'm glad you are able to
maintain a lifestyle that would make it more convenient for you to carry
$500 and $1,000 bills around instead of wads of useless $100's. If you're
29, I'd be more than glad to wait around for you to die a natural death, as
long as you could ensure that I would stay healthy during the wait. I hope
you don't really mean that we all can't use our credit cards or checks until
after you die. Please give the few of us who don't need $500 and $1,000
bills a break.

Also, the game show "Let's Mak A Deal" is back on the air, so we now
need new $200, $500, $1,000, $5,000, $10,000 bills, and let's add $200
and $2,000 bills with it so that the new show can be the same as the
old version where they were actually giving out large bills as prizes
(I've seen a $5,000 bill being offered on the old Let's Make A Deal,
and the host said that the bank told him "Take good care of that
$5,000 bill. Its the only one on this side of the country") And
serioulsy, wouldn't it be exciting to go on a game show and win a
$10,000 bill? I sure would love it.

You're right. The return of Let's Make a Deal is one factor I hadn't
considered that should tip the balance toward reissue of $5,000 and $10,000
bills. I'll wait here while you compose another letter.

Old October 17th 09, 09:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Drago the Wolf

Also, the game show "Let's Mak A Deal" is back on the air, so we now
need new $200, $500, $1,000, $5,000, $10,000 bills, and let's add $200
and $2,000 bills with it so that the new show can be the same as the
old version where they were actually giving out large bills as prizes
(I've seen a $5,000 bill being offered on the old Let's Make A Deal,
and the host said that the bank told him "Take good care of that
$5,000 bill. Its the only one on this side of the country") And
serioulsy, wouldn't it be exciting to go on a game show and win a
$10,000 bill? I sure would love it.

You're right. *The return of Let's Make a Deal is one factor I hadn't
considered that should tip the balance toward reissue of $5,000 and $10,000
bills. *I'll wait here while you compose another letter.

The "Let's Make a Deal" part was actually a joke. I just said it to
see what other people would say. I know its no good reason to bring
back big bills.
Old October 18th 09, 09:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
winwin

On Oct 16, 9:29�pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
Of course getting robbed of $2,000 cash would involve much less paperwork..

Why not do both, restoring large bills and retaining a credit option
for those who prefer it?

The removal of large bills was a failed experiment of Nixon's "War
on Drugs," a primarily political exercise that didn't work. Now that
those who launder money to buy drugs are rich people like Rush
Limbaugh, why not eliminate the hypocrisy and restore the
convenience of large bills, retaining credit as an option for those
who prefer it. Nobody is going to prosecute rich people for their
drug use so let's drop the pretense.
Old October 19th 09, 01:11 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"winwin" wrote in message
On Oct 16, 9:29?pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
Of course getting robbed of $2,000 cash would involve much less paperwork.

Why not do both, restoring large bills and retaining a credit option
for those who prefer it?

The removal of large bills was a failed experiment of Nixon's "War
on Drugs," a primarily political exercise that didn't work. Now that
those who launder money to buy drugs are rich people like Rush
Limbaugh, why not eliminate the hypocrisy and restore the
convenience of large bills, retaining credit as an option for those
who prefer it. Nobody is going to prosecute rich people for their
drug use so let's drop the pretense.
_____________

If you can document a significant public demand for a return to large
denomination bills, write your representative if you feel so strongly about
it.

Old October 19th 09, 01:54 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
David Farmer

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"winwin" wrote in message
[...]

I get "cash back" when I use my credit card (granted only 1.5%, but) and the
protection of using a CC, when you use cash there is no recourse if the
transaction goes bad!

Old October 19th 09, 02:00 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Bruce Remick wrote:
"winwin" wrote in message
[...]

Just offhand I'd say that your second if-clause is at least 100 times as
likely as your first.

James the Parser

Old October 19th 09, 02:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Peter[_6_]

On Oct 18, 8:11*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

If you can document a significant public demand for a return to large
denomination bills, write your representative if you feel so strongly about
it.

Almost any bank in Europe will freely distribute banknotes up to 500
Euros. I suspect that this property is one that helps make Euros more
valuable than dollars just now. Note that Europe's problems with
counterfeits are significant and most shops will not accept anything
over 100, and many are reluctant to take anything over 50.
Old October 19th 09, 03:15 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Peter" wrote in message
On Oct 18, 8:11 pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

If you can document a significant public demand for a return to large
denomination bills, write your representative if you feel so strongly
about
it.

Almost any bank in Europe will freely distribute banknotes up to 500
Euros. I suspect that this property is one that helps make Euros more
valuable than dollars just now. Note that Europe's problems with
counterfeits are significant and most shops will not accept anything
over 100, and many are reluctant to take anything over 50.
\______________

I read here that there have been some concern in Great Britain with
counterfeiting of popular UK £1 coins. We have inadvertantly avoided that
problem here in the US by producing dollar coins that don't circulate.

Old October 19th 09, 03:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

[...]

Bringing back those large denomination bills actually might stimulate the
economy as retired or unemployed counterfeiters will find it profitable to
return to work again. If Obama continues to hand out $250 stimuli to
struggling groups in our society, there might be a use for a $250 bill
before the bigger ones are printed.