Incandescent Light Bulb Ban Pushed Back

Old December 21st 11, 11:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Tzion

Default Incandescent Light Bulb Ban Pushed Back

Here's what I'd like to know. Why do so many enviromentalists support the
CFL? Sure it's more efficient but it's also more expensive and less
disposable. There filled with mercury for crying out loud! Why is President
Obama trying to poison us? I predict that the incandesent light bulb
factorys will reopen and we will have American bulbs that the people want.

Old December 21st 11, 11:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Jason[_7_]

"Bill Jones" wrote in message

The incandescent light bulb ban is one more example of governmental
arrogance. Consumers should have the choice as what kind of light bulbs
they can use.

choice only applies to aborting babies, not buying lightbulbs.

My Ebay Auctions
http://www.ebay.com/sch/relicsncoins/m.html

Old December 21st 11, 11:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Gary[_4_]

On Dec 21, 4:06*pm, "Bernice Durdan-Rowland"
wrote:

Get Obama the hell out of the White House and take his liberal, communistic
friends and czars with him. That Cass Susteen, the regulation czar ought to
go out and "dig ditches" - maybe he can do that right !!!!!!! Disgusted
!!!!!!!

President Bush Signs H.R. 6, the Energy Independence and Security Act
of 2007
12-19-2007.

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you, all. Mr. Secretary, thank you for that
introduction. We're all pleased to be here at the Department of
Energy. I particularly want to thank the employees here for their
daily efforts to help our country meet its energy needs. Thanks for
your hard work. Sam, thank you for your leadership.

As Sam mentioned, I firmly believe this country needs to have a
comprehensive energy strategy, and I appreciate the members of
Congress for understanding that as well. Two years ago I was pleased
to stand with members -- many of whom are here -- to sign a bill that
was the first major energy security legislation in more than a decade.
At the time I recognized that we needed to go even further. And so in
my State of the Union I proposed an aggressive plan to reduce oil
consumption of gasoline by 20 percent over 10 years.

Today we make a major step with the Energy Independence and Security
Act. We make a major step toward reducing our dependence on oil,
confronting global climate change, expanding the production of
renewable fuels and giving future generations of our country a nation
that is stronger, cleaner and more secure. (Applause.)

I do welcome members of the Cabinet who've joined us. I particularly
want to thank the Speaker and the Leader. I appreciate your leadership
on this important issue. (Applause.) Speaker Pelosi is here with
Congressman Steny Hoyer, House Majority Leader; welcome, Mr. Leader.
(Applause.) Leader Reid has brought members of the Senate with him:
Senator Inouye, Senator Bingaman, Senator Stevens -- I think that's
Senator Domenici there is disguise -- (laughter and applause) --
looking pretty handsome, isn't he? (Applause.) I appreciate
Congressman Dingell and Congressman Markey, Congressman Gordon --
these are all leaders on their respective committees that help bring
this bill to my desk. I also want to welcome all the other members of
Congress who have joined us. (Applause.)

One of the most serious long-term challenges facing our country is
dependence on oil -- especially oil from foreign lands. It's a serious
challenge. And members of Congress up here understand the challenge
and so do I. Because this dependence harms us economically through
high and volatile prices at the gas pump; dependence creates pollution
and contributes to greenhouse gas admissions [sic]. It threatens our
national security by making us vulnerable to hostile regimes in
unstable regions of the world. It makes us vulnerable to terrorists
who might attack oil infrastructure.

The legislation I am signing today will address our vulnerabilities
and our dependence in two important ways. First, it will increase the
supply of alternative fuel sources. Proposed an alternative fuel
standard earlier this year. This standard would require fuel producers
to include a certain amount of alternative fuels in their products.
This standard would create new markets for foreign products used to
produce these fuels. This standard would increase our energy security
by making us less vulnerable to instability -- to the instability of
oil prices on the world market.

The bill I sign today takes a significant step because it will require
fuel producers to use at least 36 billion gallons of biofuel in 2022.
This is nearly a fivefold increase over current levels. It will help
us diversify our energy supplies and reduce our dependence on oil.
It's an important part of this legislation, and I thank the members of
Congress for your wisdom. (Applause.)

Second, the legislation also -- will also reduce our demand for oil by
increasing fuel economy standards. (Applause.) Last January, I called
for the first statutory increase in fuel economy standards for
automobiles since they were enacted in 1975. The bill I'm about to
sign delivers on that request. It specifies a national standard of 35
miles per gallon by 2020, which will increase fuel economy standards
by 40 percent and save billions of gallons of fuel. This bill also
includes an important reform that I believe is essential to making
sure that we realize this strategy. It allows the Department of
Transportation to issue what are known as "attribute-based standards,"
which will assure that increased fuel efficiency does not come at the
expense of automobile safety. This is an important part of this bill,
and again I thank the members for taking the lead. (Applause.)

The bill also includes revisions to improve energy efficiency in
lighting and appliances. It adopts elements of the executive order I
signed requiring federal agencies to lead by example in efficiency and
renewable energy use.

Taken together, all these measures will help us improve our
environment. It is estimated that these initiatives could reduce
projected CO2 emissions by billions of metric tons. At the U.N.
climate change meeting in Bali last week our nation promised to pursue
new, quantifiable actions to reduce carbon emissions. Today we're
doing just that. The legislation I'm signing today will lead to some
of the largest CO2 emission cuts in our nation's history. (Applause.)

The legislation I'm about to sign should say to the American people
that we can find common ground on critical issues. And there's more we
can accomplish together. New technologies will bring about a new era
of energy. So I appreciate the fact that Congress, in the omnibus
spending bill that I'm going to sign later on, recognizes that new
technologies will help usher in a better quality of life for our
citizens. And so we're going to spend money on new research for
alternative feedstocks for ethanol. I mean, we understand the hog
growers are getting nervous because the price of corn is up. But we
also believe strongly that research will enable us to use wood chips
and switchgrass and biomass to be able to develop the ethanol
necessary to help us realize the vision outlined in this bill.

I appreciate very much the fact that we're going to fund additional
research on new battery technologies to power plug-in hybrids. We're
spending money on innovative ways to capture solar power. We're making
-- providing incentives for nuclear energy. If we're serious about
making sure we grow our economy and deal with greenhouse gases, we
have got to expand nuclear power. (Applause.)

It is going to take time to transition to this new era. And we're
still going to need hydrocarbons. And I hope the Congress will
continue to open access to domestic energy sources -- certain parts of
the outer continental shelf in ANWR. And to protect us against
disruptions in our oil supply, I ask Congress to double the current
capacity of the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.

With these steps, particularly in the bill I'm about to sign, we're
going to help American consumers a lot. We'll help them by
diversifying our supplies, which will help lower energy prices. We'll
strengthen our security by helping to break our dependence on foreign
oil. We'll do our duty to future generations by addressing climate
change.

And so I thank the members of Congress. I appreciate the fact that
we've worked together, that we can show what's possible in addressing
the big issues facing our nation. This is a good bill and I'm pleased
to sign it.

(The bill was signed.) (Applause.)

Old December 21st 11, 11:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
RAV

On 12/21/2011 4:34 PM, Alabama Pete wrote:
Efficient or not, it is insanely horrifying that liberal dummycrats think
goverment can make a law that is a better decision than people's OWN
decision. It’s the position that they are the parent and you the child and
these knot-heads are our employees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those who don‘t
understand that here’s another way of saying it; Obongo and the dummycrats
arent good enough to clean the toilets of the rest of us, much less make
decisions!!!!!

The Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, which is the source of
the phase out of incandescent light bulbs, was signed into law by George
W. Bush, a Republican. Barack Obama was not president then. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_...ty_Act_of_2007
Old December 22nd 11, 12:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
Dr. Jean Tant

But it's OK for the government to tell a woman she must continue with an
unwanted pregnancy?

Ok for the government to tell a husband that GOVERNMENT, not the husband,
has the right to
disconnect his hopeless vegetable wife from life support (Remember Terry
Schavio)

It's OK for the government to decide who a gay or lesbian person can marry?

Old December 22nd 11, 12:29 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
PatriotfromTN

Rav wrote in :

On 12/21/2011 4:34 PM, Alabama Pete wrote:
Efficient or not, it is insanely horrifying that liberal dummycrats
think goverment can make a law that is a better decision than
people's OWN decision. It’s the position that they are the parent
and you the child and these knot-heads are our
employees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those who don‘t understand that
here’s another way of saying it; Obongo and the dummycrats arent good
enough to clean the toilets of the rest of us, much less make
decisions!!!!!

The Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, which is the source
of the phase out of incandescent light bulbs, was signed into law by
George W. Bush, a Republican. Barack Obama was not president then.
See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_...rity_Act_of_20
07

This is a lie. President Bush would not of signed this opressice law.
Old December 22nd 11, 12:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
AlamoTeaParty

"Dr. Jean Tant" wrote in message
But it's OK for the government to tell a woman she must continue with an
unwanted pregnancy?

Ok for the government to tell a husband that GOVERNMENT, not the husband,
has the right to
disconnect his hopeless vegetable wife from life support (Remember Terry
Schavio)

It's OK for the government to decide who a gay or lesbian person can
marry?

The goverment has a right to stop the killing of babys and stopping
homosexuality which
God has deemed a DEATH PENALTY crime.

http://www.sanantonioteaparty.us/

Old December 22nd 11, 12:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
American Quilter

This is great! I’ve been stockpiling incandescents for two years, thinking
they’d be unavailable starting next year. I can’t believe the Republicans
worked this around the Democrat Nazis!

Old December 22nd 11, 12:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
First. Post

On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 17:57:07 -0500, Rav wrote:

On 12/21/2011 4:34 PM, Alabama Pete wrote:
Efficient or not, it is insanely horrifying that liberal dummycrats think
goverment can make a law that is a better decision than people's OWN
decision. It’s the position that they are the parent and you the child and
these knot-heads are our employees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For those who don‘t
understand that here’s another way of saying it; Obongo and the dummycrats
arent good enough to clean the toilets of the rest of us, much less make
decisions!!!!!

The Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007, which is the source of
the phase out of incandescent light bulbs, was signed into law by George
W. Bush, a Republican. Barack Obama was not president then. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_...ty_Act_of_2007

According to the cite the bill was written by a democrat, passed by
all but 4 democrats and lauded by liberals everywhere.

And why is it that you ignorant sycophants believe that conservatives
agrteed with every single thing Bush ever did?
Personally I never cared for that bill, the first bailout (also
authored by a democrat and lauded by democrats and liberals
nationwide), "No Child Left Behind" (also written by a democrat and
cheered by the left when signed initially into law) and Bush's stance
on illegal immigration.
You see we aren't like you simple minded drones that blindly follow
lock step with every single thing your glorious leader or party does.
Funny how you jerks always claim to be so "open minded" and "free
thinking" when apparently you can't wipe your own asses unless you
think the party would approve of it.
Old December 22nd 11, 12:52 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh
TeapartyFred

Bush may of signed the law but it doesn't matter. Anything I do NOW that is
anti govt. is anti Obongo because he's in the WH now. Illegally, but there
until he's either voted out, arrested or put in a straight jacket and
carried out. Bush did a lot of things in his 2nd term that made me regret
voting for him, but the other option was Kerry and knowing then what I know
now I would of made the same choice. Bush was a total lazy, incompetent 2nd
term president. He caved to the liberals on everything. Now we find out Lara
Bush was really a fake conservative.I don't believe there is one single
politician that I like or trust right now. None!!!!! I do trust Sarah Paline
and Allen West, but they aren't running, at least not yet. Dr Paul is good
on the FED and the Jews but I dont think he can be elected.