I'm confused...this IS an 8-track collecting newsgroup isn't it?

Old May 21st 08, 03:57 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Quadraphonic

Default I'm confused...this IS an 8-track collecting newsgroup isn't it?

Then why do we have all this political bullsh*t in here?
Go start a political newsgroup and leave this one for people that
COLLECT 8-track tapes, you jack*sses.
Old May 21st 08, 05:04 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western[_2_]

Then why do we have all this political bullsh*t in here?
Go start a political newsgroup and leave this one for people that
COLLECT 8-track tapes, you jack*sses.

Because both of the Dem hopeful spoilsports are deadset against
8 tracks and want them banned and buried in the far north Canadian tundra.
McCain, having been imprisoned in Viet Nam, missed out on the best years of
the format's popularity and is thus anxious to see it rise from the ashes.
That is why politics and choosing the right leaders are important and not
the least bit bull****ty in this (or any other) forum.

Old May 21st 08, 05:12 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Wed, 21 May 2008 04:04:07 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

Then why do we have all this political bullsh*t in here?
Go start a political newsgroup and leave this one for people that
COLLECT 8-track tapes, you jack*sses.

Because both of the Dem hopeful spoilsports are deadset against
8 tracks and want them banned and buried in the far north Canadian tundra. snip

That would be good for the ice road truckers, eh? They could scoop
them out of the slush and use them in their tractors for entertainment
during their 20 hour runs.

McCain, having been imprisoned in Viet Nam, missed out on the best years of
the format's popularity and is thus anxious to see it rise from the ashes.
That is why politics and choosing the right leaders are important and not
the least bit bull****ty in this (or any other) forum. snip

But McCain is too crackers to know from music altogether. He's the
Nudo choice for president.
Old May 21st 08, 02:13 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western[_2_]

That would be good for the ice road truckers, eh? They could scoop
them out of the slush and use them in their tractors for entertainment
during their 20 hour runs.

Which reminds me of when you would be driving along a highway
back in about 1970 and there would be a strand of 8 track tape stuck to and
fluttering from a fence or signpost alongside the road. Zing....right out
the passenger side window for that cart and it's crappy fidelity. I bet in
todays "aware" society no one would just chuck one out the window. Mores the
pity, as that should be the reward for a balky cart. Plus someone could come
along, rescue it, and put it up on eBay.

Old May 21st 08, 02:17 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western[_2_]

But McCain is too crackers to know from music altogether.
I have yet to see one of those reports of "what's on their
iPod" for either of these three jokers. If genuine, it would be interesting
reading (though probably compiled by some pimply faced 22 year old staffer).
I am pretty sure it would not be "what's playing on their 8 track".

Old May 21st 08, 03:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Wed, 21 May 2008 13:13:48 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

Which reminds me of when you would be driving along a highway
back in about 1970 and there would be a strand of 8 track tape stuck to and
fluttering from a fence or signpost alongside the road. snip

That was replaced not long after by fluttering 1/8" tape fluttering in
the breeze from a broken cassette, common in the early days due to
broken leader splices, and later due to people refusing to maintain
their machines.

Zing....right out
the passenger side window for that cart and it's crappy fidelity. I bet in
todays "aware" society no one would just chuck one out the window. Mores the
pity, as that should be the reward for a balky cart. Plus someone could come
along, rescue it, and put it up on eBay. snip

Odd, but now and then I see a snake of ½" video tape along the road.
What gives there? Chucking VHS cassettes out the window as a sign of
disapproval of a movie? Actually, I think that's where our anti-hero,
Charlie Nudo, got all the tape to make all those fraudulent copies of
"So Wrong, They're Right" back when he was committing that petty crime
as "coolsitesnsounds" on eBay. The quality indeed reflected some bad
machines and extreme tape wear. More likely was the cause I
diagnosed...Noodles using a bunch of throwaway rental cassettes,
recorded on a machine with worn out heads.

That scam sure didn't last long, as anyone who's been in this NG for
eons would know.
Old May 21st 08, 03:31 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

On Wed, 21 May 2008 13:17:56 GMT, "William W Western"
wrote:

But McCain is too crackers to know from music altogether.

I have yet to see one of those reports of "what's on their
iPod" for either of these three jokers.snip

As if it matters a whit....

If genuine, it would be interesting
reading (though probably compiled by some pimply faced 22 year old staffer). snip

Rumor has surfaced from unreliable sources that GWB has "My Pet Goat"
in a Powerpoint presentation on his phone.

I am pretty sure it would not be "what's playing on their 8 track". snip

I could fix them up with some remaining 8 tracks and a car player
gathering dust, although I'm relatively sure it'd be politely refused.
Perhaps 8 tracks would be a fun segment for Andy Rooney to do on "60
Minutes." Perhaps the script would go like this:

""I never had much use for music in a car...you're supposed to drive,
not be entertained. Music is good, but I have a real problem trying
to listen to music while driving. Too confusing. They've come up
with all sorts of ways to listen to music in a car...AM radio, 8
tracks, cassettes, CDs...what ever happened to 8 tracks? Funny how
things surface and disappear like that. Now they have cars that talk
to you. I don't even like to listen to some people that much, and now
cars talk to you. Ford even has cars you can talk to. Isn't it kind
of strange to be talking to a car? Maybe, but sometimes I'd rather
talk to a car than a lot of people."
Old May 21st 08, 06:53 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
William W Western[_2_]

""I never had much use for music in a car...you're supposed to drive,
not be entertained. Music is good, but I have a real problem trying
to listen to music while driving. Too confusing. They've come up
with all sorts of ways to listen to music in a car...AM radio, 8
tracks, cassettes, CDs...what ever happened to 8 tracks? Funny how
things surface and disappear like that. Now they have cars that talk
to you. I don't even like to listen to some people that much, and now
cars talk to you. Ford even has cars you can talk to. Isn't it kind
of strange to be talking to a car? Maybe, but sometimes I'd rather
talk to a car than a lot of people."

HAH....good bit there dBob!