Senate: Dems 52, Repukes 48

Old October 21st 06, 07:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default Senate: Dems 52, Repukes 48

It's close enough to call it, at least for me. I'm betting the new
Senate will be comprised of 51 Democrats, one Independent (Lieberman
will retain CT unless he makes a huge gaffe) and 48 Republipedoes. Not
enough for cloture, but enough for committee control and power of
subpoena. "Macacawitz" and Santorum are toast. Hernandez will carry
NJ. Still fuzzy are Tennessee and Maryland. "Snoozer" Burns has also
shown some gains in the last few days due to his Iraq war support on a
televised debate fanning the flames of right wing fruitcakes, but it
also may be a statistical anomaly; trending still favors Tester.
Lieberman, who's had somewhat of a wake-up call regarding Bush Bird,
will reliably vote Dem most of the time and will support committee
subpoenę.

Still too far out to call the House for the Dems by how many seats,
but they'll take it in a walked-in run. Latest look at the polling
trends tells me they'll take it by at least 35 seats, probably more.
What's telling there is that NO incumbent Democrats are facing any
real competition from Republipedoes. One right wing author today
declared that the Democratic takeover of the House will completely
obliterate any gains made during Newt the Galoot's "Contract Hit On
America" coup in '94. He also said that the "christian nation"
movement is all but dead.

FLASH: Moribund campaigner Phil Angelides has pulled within single
digits of AHHH-nuld probably due to positive campaign messeging.
AHHHH-nuld is now under a 50% plurality...bad news for the
"governator."

Cards vs. Tigers: Who's going all the way?
Old October 21st 06, 12:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
Jealous resident of Shittsburg slum

Default Senate: Dems 52, Repukes 48- sounds like "Kerry by 2" all over again...

DeserTBoB wrote:
[...]

suuuuure it is...just like Kerry by 2, Gore is going to win, etc.
etc....

the pendulum is swinging back towards the Republicans already

and you haven't seen Rove's shot at the buzzer...

yet....

Old October 24th 06, 06:50 PM posted to alt.collecting.8-track-tapes
DeserTBoB

Default Senate: Dems 52, Repukes 48...coul be more?

On 21 Oct 2006 04:30:35 -0700, "Jealous resident of ****tsburg slum"
wrote:

DeserTBoB wrote:
It's close enough to call it, at least for me. I'm betting the new
Senate will be comprised of 51 Democrats, one Independent (Lieberman
will retain CT unless he makes a huge gaffe) and 48 Republipedoes. snip

Now it's changing again! Burns (R-MT) has fallen off his recent
"bubble" and is sinking again. Ford is now on top in Tennessee. It
could go higher yet, folks!

Meanwhile, De Wine (R-OH) and Santorum (R-PA) have lost their mother's
milk funding from the RSCC and RNC, as they've been declared "sure
losers" in their respective states. Last poll I saw released today
shows Santorum losing by 13%.