Noodler's Bullet Proof Black

Old November 3rd 05, 09:20 PM
Tony Stanford

Default Noodler's Bullet Proof Black

Noodler's ink is at last available in the UK - courtesy of The Writing
Desk - people whom I recommend very highly: pleasant, civilized and
reliable.

They have a variety of colours, but only one black - Bullet Proof
Black. Am I right in thinking that this is OK for my 51s? No reflection
on Nathan's expertise, but since I occasionally let a pen dry out
because I don't use it, I want to be sure that dried-out Bullet Proof
Black will re-dissolve easily if I flush the pen with water.
--
Tony Stanford
Old November 3rd 05, 11:05 PM
*david*

He advertises that he has let it dry on all kinds of plastic and
rubber, and on all metals except aluminium, and that it washes off
cleanly afterward with no residue. (Don't buy an aluminium fountain pen
in the first place - many inks react badly with it.) I have never had a
problem with this ink clogging or misbehaving in any way. Nathan is a
vintage pen user and repairman as well, and so has probably tested his
ink on 51's.
Do keep up normal cleaning as you would do for any ink, but no special
extra care is required.

Old November 4th 05, 01:07 PM
Tony Stanford

In message . com,
*david* writes
Do keep up normal cleaning as you would do for any ink, but no special
extra care is required

Thanks for the info. I didn't really doubt Nathan's expertise, but I
thought I'd check that it wasn't intended as a drawing ink, say. Not
that Nathan, being a fountain pen man, would have bothered ...
--
Tony Stanford
Old November 4th 05, 01:07 PM
Tony Stanford

In message , Roger
writes
It's also been available at this location since about Sept. 22nd, Tony.
www.noodlersink.co.uk In fact, Ray was the first stocking dealer in
the U.K.

Duh!
--
Tony Stanford
Old November 5th 05, 05:03 AM
*david*

You're welcome. :-)

I just remembered to say that Noodler's inks in general are made to be
usable on poor-quality or recycled paper. Because of this, they may dry
poorly on certain types of coated paper.
Clairefontaine paper works beautifully with Noodler's despite its slick
surface, but I have some Miquelrius notepad paper that isn't
Noodler-friendly (on it, the ink stays fully wet for a couple of
minutes, and never truly dries). I guess it depends which coatings the
paper manufacturers use, and I don't have a clue what those are. (I've
only been able to find that one notebook where Noodler's won't work, so
I guess that isn't too bad.)