Pelikan 605?

Old September 24th 04, 06:05 PM
Txiasaeia

(vyap) wrote in message om...

Hi there,

I order from Levenger's once in a while and I live in Canada. When you
receive the package from FedEx there should be no charges owing.
Levenger's should have charged you the GST and other applicable taxes.
The only problem I have had with them is that when I order online, the
shipping charge in the total is outrageous. I have sent e-mails to the
Cust. Service after I placed the order and they have credited my cc so
that the shipping cost is not outrageous. I agree that they should be
able to ship via USPS to Canada. I do that with lots of merchants I
buy stuff from in the US.

BTW, I wonder if they have a price drop gaurantee ... I bought the
Pelikan 605 for $149 last month and now it's $99 .... Aaaaargh! I hate
it when that happens.

Cheers,
Vivian

Thanks for the words of encouragement! Hopefully I won't get charged
either. If not, then my experience will be little more than a
misunderstanding! Again, thanks! I'm having a rather crappy day and
I needed the encouragement
Old September 24th 04, 08:10 PM
Robert Wiersema

Txiasaeia wrote:

(vyap) wrote in message
[...]

You do have to be careful with Levenger and ordering to Canada. I've
found it best to call them and order with an operator, who will be able
to quote you a lower FedEx price than the one that comes up on the
on-line order. I had a bad, bad, bad on-line experience last year, but
ordering with the operators seems to render that moot. Do be careful
with the operators though -- some know about the lower FedEx shipping
rate to Canada, and cheerfully process it through. Others will not only
not know it, but will deny its existence and do everything short of
calling you a liar to your face. If you get one of these operators,
cancel the order and call back a few minutes later -- you should get a
different CSR. And yes, having the package arrive with no duty owing,
plus the good CDN$ right now makes the good deals still good deals...
Old September 28th 04, 02:08 AM
Txiasaeia

Just wanted everyone to know that it arrived today. Very nice pen! I
don't have any ink yet (still on order from Pendemonium), so I can't
rate the writing experience, but it's very sharp. No brokerage
charges from FedEx either! Makes me *very* happy, and extremely
willing to shop at Levengers again. Shipping charge was $18 USD, and
I see why - they shipped it in a *huge* box Ah well. I'm very
happy!