help identification

Old May 17th 10, 05:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

Default help identification

Hello friends,
Here is an USA stamp I cannot find in my mystic stamp catalog and would
appreciate any help trying to find its Scott catalog id.

http://cjoint.com/?frs5HVCA5z

Thanks in advance,
Pedro

Old May 17th 10, 06:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Buder

Am 17.05.2010 18:58, schrieb Pedro:
Hello friends,
Here is an USA stamp I cannot find in my mystic stamp catalog and would
appreciate any help trying to find its Scott catalog id.

http://cjoint.com/?frs5HVCA5z

Thanks in advance,
Pedro

It's a fiscal stamp.

Peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!
Old May 17th 10, 06:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Billns

On 5/17/2010 9:58 AM, Pedro wrote:
Hello friends,
Here is an USA stamp I cannot find in my mystic stamp catalog and would
appreciate any help trying to find its Scott catalog id.

http://cjoint.com/?frs5HVCA5z

Thanks in advance,
Pedro

That could be R200 or R211, depending on which watermark was used on the
stamp. R stands for Revenue.

Neither stamp is especially valuable, but that's a nice well-centered
specimen.

Bill
Old May 17th 10, 07:41 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

"Billns" wrote in message
On 5/17/2010 9:58 AM, Pedro wrote:
Hello friends,
Here is an USA stamp I cannot find in my mystic stamp catalog and would
appreciate any help trying to find its Scott catalog id.

http://cjoint.com/?frs5HVCA5z

Thanks in advance,
Pedro

That could be R200 or R211, depending on which watermark was used on the
stamp. R stands for Revenue.

Neither stamp is especially valuable, but that's a nice well-centered
specimen.

Bill

No watermark present.

Pedro

Old May 17th 10, 08:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Billns

On 5/17/2010 11:41 AM, Pedro wrote:
"Billns" wrote in message
On 5/17/2010 9:58 AM, Pedro wrote:
Hello friends,
Here is an USA stamp I cannot find in my mystic stamp catalog and would
appreciate any help trying to find its Scott catalog id.

http://cjoint.com/?frs5HVCA5z

Thanks in advance,
Pedro

That could be R200 or R211, depending on which watermark was used on
the stamp. R stands for Revenue.

Neither stamp is especially valuable, but that's a nice well-centered
specimen.

Bill

No watermark present.

Pedro

Judging from the watermark picture for R200 in my 2009 Scott US
Specialized catalog the watermark USPS is very faint. The watermark
extends across multiple stamps so that a single stamp may have only the
first U or the final S on it. The catalog only mentions two possible
stamps and both have watermarks. The stamps have a catalog value of 35
and 30 cents, respectively. I also have a 1981 Scott US Specialized
catalog where the values are 12 cents and 10 cents. That's not much
appreciation in 28 years!

Bill
Old May 17th 10, 08:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

"Billns" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you very much for the info, Bill. Perhaps this stamp didn't catch the
watermark.

Pedro

FP identification genny Pens & Pencils 0 February 11th 07 09:31 PM
help - identification Chris 159 Dolls 1 February 22nd 05 09:42 PM
Identification SBFan2000 Autographs 1 October 30th 04 09:26 PM
Help with identification J. Craton Coins 7 May 6th 04 07:56 AM
Help - identification stressman General 0 August 12th 03 05:33 PM