Coin Store Opinion

Old January 27th 04, 04:04 AM
fonty

Default Coin Store Opinion

I was just wondering if anyone has done business with this coin store. Can
they be trusted? Are the coins listed match the grade claimed? Your
opinions would help a lot. Thanks.

http://www.the-coin-store.com/

I am looking for a regular strike 1882 seated half graded F - XF. This is
the only place I have located such a coin online. The closest brick and
mortar coin store is 40 miles away and they have none and also have been
unable to find any.

Old January 27th 04, 04:37 AM
TomDeLorey

Who is the owner? At our website (www.harlanjberk.com) you can read all about
us.
Tom DeLorey
..
Subject: Coin Store Opinion

Old January 27th 04, 06:58 AM
Ken Barr

.
From: "fonty"
Date: 1/26/2004 10:04 PM Central Standard Time
I was just wondering if anyone has done business with this coin store. Can
they be trusted? Are the coins listed match the grade claimed? Your
opinions would help a lot. Thanks.

http://www.the-coin-store.com/

I am looking for a regular strike 1882 seated half graded F - XF. This
is
the only place I have located such a coin online. The closest brick and
mortar coin store is 40 miles away and they have none and also have been
unable to find any.

Geektools whois shows the site registered to:

# Registrant:
# The Coin Store (THECOINSTORE3-DOM)
# PO Box 129
# Roy, UT 84067
# US
#
# Domain Name: THE-COIN-STORE.COM
#
# Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
# The Coin Store (G26736-OR)
# PO Box 129
# Roy, UT 84067
# US
# 801-728-0429 fax: 123 123 1234

FWIW, The 2003 Noomismatic Deeler Directory does not show
any deelers located in Roy, UT, and I don't know any deelers
from there either ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics

P. O. Box 32541 website:
http://www.kenbarr.com
San Jose, CA 95152 (souvenir cards, MPC, Hickey Bros tokens)
408-272-3247 Next show: San Jose Coin Club 01/16-18/2004, table 313
ADVANCED NOTICE: ANA World's Fair of Money, San Jose, CA 7/27-31/2005
Old January 27th 04, 12:27 PM
Michael E. Marotta

"fonty" wrote
I was just wondering if anyone has done business with this coin store.

I always check with the American Numismatic Association at
www.money.org and look at their dealer list. The other reputable
societies are the American Numismatic Society (no dealer list) and the
International Association of Professional Numismatists (IAPN) and the
Professional Numismatists Guild (PNG). Generally, a dealer from the
USA will be in the ANA (or ANS) before being admitted to the IAPN or
PNG. So, being in the IAPN or PNG is a sign of special status.

After ten years in the hobby, a dealer would have to be very special
to me -- and I would have to be very certain of the material I am
buying -- before I would spend money with any dealer who is not at
least in the ANA (or ANS).

Michael
ANA R-162953
Old January 28th 04, 01:33 AM
fonty

Thanks for the advice Michael. I sometimes forget to use my head when I get
a little desparate. I have been looking for this coin a long time. I will
take your advise.

Fonty

"Michael E. Marotta" wrote in message
om...