Canada Postage to St. Pierre & Miquelon

Old March 26th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Default Canada Postage to St. Pierre & Miquelon

I tried to find the postage rate for a letter from Canada to the French
islands of St. Pierre et Miquelon. The Canada Post website does not mention
these islands. All it shows is three different rates: $0.61 internal,
$0.89 to the USA and $1.49 to everywhere else. These islands are in
Canadian waters, just south of Newfoundland. Can anyone help?

Tony

Old March 26th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 13:40:03 -0600, "A.E. Gelat"
wrote:

I tried to find the postage rate for a letter from Canada to the French
islands of St. Pierre et Miquelon. The Canada Post website does not mention
these islands. All it shows is three different rates: $0.61 internal,
$0.89 to the USA and $1.49 to everywhere else. These islands are in
Canadian waters, just south of Newfoundland. Can anyone help?

I'm not sure of the rate, but I am quite sure that these islands are a
department of France and therefore a foreign country. There may be
laws or tariffs on stuff moving across the waters on the ferry.

Wonder how China and Hong Kong deal with this?

=======================
Tracy Barber
-----------------------
adirondack-pc
-----------------------
"Freebie Stamp Project"
=======================
Old March 27th 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Rodney:

As in France, the currency in St Pierre +
Miquelon is the Euro not the French Franc.

Blair

Old March 27th 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Yes, it answers my question in full. By the way, is that you, Rodney?

Tony

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is this of any help Tony?

http://canadagazette.gc.ca/partII/20.../sor380-e.html

The amendment revokes all provisions pertaining to Saint Pierre and
Miquelon thereby fully integrating mail services to this destination
with the general regulated international rates.

Saint Pierre and Miquelon is an archipelago off the southern coast of
the island of Newfounland, Canada, that has been an overseas department
of France since 1976. About 6,500 inhabitants reside on those islands -
a population of the same size as that of Asbestos, Quebec. They speak
French, possess French citizenship and voting rights, and use French
francs as currency units.

Pursuant to the Universal Postal Convention, Canada Post Corporation
(Canada Post) pays the same terminal dues charges on mail it sends to
Saint Pierre and Miquelon as it does for mail to France. Canada Post
has traditionally set postage rates for this mail at a level below the
regular international rates, reflecting an earlier time when terminal
dues charges were not a material cost consideration. In reality, the
cost differential between an item of mail travelling from Canada to
Saint Pierre and Miquelon is not significantly different from a letter
travelling to any location in France

Old March 27th 06, 05:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Hmmm, "heads up" for Rodney
The "Canadian Gazette" from which I took the passage
was year 2000 issue, hence the quote of "Franc"

Old March 27th 06, 05:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

G'day Tony,
Yes 'tis I,
I am having a real "hows your Father" with my ISP
and this Newsgroup. (RCSD)
I am locked in on a 12 month ISP plan, and I don't seem to be
able to access this group other than via Google, which, believe me
is a right pain in the glutinous maximus.

I have had an IT professional in, with no success as yet
"I shall persevere"

I may quote my 11yo son perhaps, in a moment of
advanced humour (for him) when yesterday he came up with.....

"Our family is in real trouble, Dad has Alzheimer's, Mum is meeting
menopause
and myself, well, I am about to head into puberty!"

( Never mind, I got my own back, I threatened him with a "sex talk")

Old March 28th 06, 07:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Rodney

Judging by your son's comments your family's problems are only just
starting - and he is it!!!!. My son's are 27 and 25 - and it has been
all downhill ( and still sinking) since they were your son's age - not
that I am trying to put you off,of course (much!!!).

As for being a technophobe - I still have not mastered the video
recorder ( we have had the same one for 10 years ) so there is no hope
for computers!!! - and mobile phones...............

Regards from UK
Malcolm

PS To be serious for a moment there is nothing wrong with his
intelligence ( or his reading age ) if he understands concepts like
Alzheimers,menopause and puberty at 11 - even when using them to get at
Dad!!

Old March 29th 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

G'day Malcolm,
Yes we have a gossip circle keeping an eye on our boys,
We are on the bridge of the Titanic, keeping a sharp
eye out for icebergs.
Try as I may, he refuses to pick up the tweezers though,
He is going to have a gigantic load of landfill in FDC's
when I depart, although I do rather fancy taking
them to the afterlife.
I can see myself being winched down in a seacontainer

Old April 5th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Hello,
the same is not true for a mail from Saint Pierre et Miquelon
(SPM) to Canada. It cost 0,90 euro from FRance to Canada, but only 0,75 euro
from SPM to Canada.

HFG

"A.E. Gelat" a écrit dans le message de news:
I tried to find the postage rate for a letter from Canada to the French
islands of St. Pierre et Miquelon. The Canada Post website does not
mention
these islands. All it shows is three different rates: $0.61 internal,
$0.89 to the USA and $1.49 to everywhere else. These islands are in
Canadian waters, just south of Newfoundland. Can anyone help?

Tony

News==----
Newsgroups
=----