BiggFredd Sighting

Old August 3rd 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Phil DeMayo

Default BiggFredd Sighting

Although he hasn't posted here in ages, it seems he's still alive and
kicking, presumably still in Ahia.

There is a letter to the Editor in the August issue of the ANA's
monthly magazine "Numismatist" from life member Fred A. Murphy (aka
BiggFredd).
Old August 4th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bill Krummel

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message
Although he hasn't posted here in ages, it seems he's still alive and
kicking, presumably still in Ahia.

There is a letter to the Editor in the August issue of the ANA's
monthly magazine "Numismatist" from life member Fred A. Murphy (aka
BiggFredd).

I'm glad to hear he is still breathing.

Bill

Old August 4th 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Phil DeMayo

On Aug 3, 9:14�pm, "Rick Cooper" wrote:
"Phil DeMayo" wrote in message

... Although he hasn't posted here in ages, it seems he's still alive and

kicking, presumably still in Ahia. There is a letter to the Editor in the August issue of the ANA's �monthly

magazine "Numismatist" from life member Fred A. Murphy (aka BiggFredd)

Did he used to have a store in Lancaster?

Yes, but he used to say it was Lankstir, Ahia

Old August 4th 08, 06:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Padraic Brown

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 23:06:56 -0700, "Rick Cooper"
wrote:

"Phil DeMayo" wrote in
Yes, but he used to say it was Lankstir, Ahia

I remember him. He had big nasty tomcats laying everywhere and I was
allergic to cats. Almost had to hold my breath. And they laid right on top
of the cases in his store. His prices were ridiculously high. Don Reid was
in his store one day when I was there and called him a big stupid SOB
because he wouldn't come down on a price.....lol

He was always ready for a good old fashioned Penny vs. Cent slugfest.
Gee, those were happy days! Good to hear he's still around.

Padraic

Old August 5th 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
winwin

On Aug 4, 1:06�am, "Rick Cooper" wrote:
"Phil DeMayo" wrote in
Yes, but he used to say it was Lankstir, Ahia

I remember him. �He had big nasty tomcats laying everywhere and I was
allergic to cats. �Almost had to hold my breath. �And they laid right on top
of the cases in his store. �His prices were ridiculously high. �Don Reid was
in his store one day when I was there and called him a big stupid SOB
because he wouldn't come down on a price.....lol

Another hoax exposed!

He used to tell us that his coins achieved fabulous rainbow toning if
they
were just left on his counter, like it was an act of God. He didn't
tell us
about the tomcats.

First sighting zax Coins 3 April 19th 05 04:44 PM
First Sighting Ken Knapp Coins 0 February 20th 05 01:53 AM
New Fennec sighting. Rodney General Discussion 13 December 8th 04 09:54 PM
An Open Challenge to BiggFredd! Rita_A_Berkowitz Coins 2 January 10th 04 09:39 PM
Sheaffer Pen Sighting bcandt Pens & Pencils 0 November 12th 03 04:17 AM