Delivery!

Old January 18th 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default Delivery!

A package, containing an eBay coin auction winning, and mailed from NC to me
on Dec. 4, arrived in my mailbox today. It has spent the past 45 days
cycling between the Chicago and Atlanta terminals, having made several round
trips. It was addressed correctly. Despite postal officials' delaying
tactics and insistence that they were powerless to take action, it is
observable that when pressure is brought to bear from both ends, things
move. The problem was caused by a window clerk's mis-key of the first digit
of my zip code, which then appeared on the meter stamp and barcode.

All's well that ends well. Coin life is good!

James

Old January 18th 08, 07:23 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Jan 18, 1:15 pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
A package, containing an eBay coin auction winning, and mailed from NC to me
on Dec. 4, arrived in my mailbox today. It has spent the past 45 days
cycling between the Chicago and Atlanta terminals, having made several round
trips. It was addressed correctly. Despite postal officials' delaying
tactics and insistence that they were powerless to take action, it is
observable that when pressure is brought to bear from both ends, things
move. The problem was caused by a window clerk's mis-key of the first digit
of my zip code, which then appeared on the meter stamp and barcode.

All's well that ends well. Coin life is good!

James

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your package. I always fret
when I
order coins, from eBay or anywhere else: there is a small sense of
powerlessness
that I get when I know it should have been here by now, and it isn't.

Les
http://life-of-coins.blogspot.com/
Old January 18th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Jan 18, 1:15*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
A package, containing an eBay coin auction winning, and mailed from NC to me
on Dec. 4, arrived in my mailbox today. *It has spent the past 45 days
cycling between the Chicago and Atlanta terminals, having made several round
trips. *It was addressed correctly. *Despite postal officials' delaying
tactics and insistence that they were powerless to take action, it is
observable that when pressure is brought to bear from both ends, things
move. *The problem was caused by a window clerk's mis-key of the first digit
of my zip code, which then appeared on the meter stamp and barcode.

All's well that ends well. *Coin life is good!

James

Well glad that's over. I could hardly sleep at night wondering where
your errant package would turn up next!
Old January 18th 08, 09:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ukraina Dvi

wrote in message news:ad967d5a-ee9b-48f3-a10f-

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your package. I always fret
when I
order coins, from eBay or anywhere else: there is a small sense of
powerlessness
that I get when I know it should have been here by now, and it isn't.

Les
http://life-of-coins.blogspot.com/

Kind of scary when I have three packages out there in postal lala land right
now, one with a very significant British purchase. I have had stuff from
Scotland take 8 weeks by registered and almost as slow as stuff purchased in
the USA and sent registered.

Too bad Mr. Jaggers package didn't have tracking on it that could be
downloaded every night to see where in the USA it was at the moment, San
Diego, Honolulu, Miami, NYC etc.

Old January 18th 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"Ukraina Dvi" wrote in message

wrote in message news:ad967d5a-ee9b-48f3-a10f-

Congratulations on the safe arrival of your package. I always fret
when I
order coins, from eBay or anywhere else: there is a small sense of
powerlessness
that I get when I know it should have been here by now, and it isn't.

Les
http://life-of-coins.blogspot.com/

Kind of scary when I have three packages out there in postal lala land
right now, one with a very significant British purchase. I have had stuff
from Scotland take 8 weeks by registered and almost as slow as stuff
purchased in the USA and sent registered.

Too bad Mr. Jaggers package didn't have tracking on it that could be
downloaded every night to see where in the USA it was at the moment, San
Diego, Honolulu, Miami, NYC etc.

The package did indeed have tracking, which is how both I and the seller
knew where it was (or at least where it had been). We could see every time
it left Atlanta and every time it left Chicago, seemingly in an endless
loop. However, it left Chicago on Dec. 22, 28, and 29, with no waypoints
shown in between. It left chicago again on Jan. 12 and Jan. 13. Where it
went between that date and today is anyone's guess.

James

Old January 18th 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
don't look

A package, containing an eBay coin auction winning, and mailed from NC to

me
on Dec. 4, arrived in my mailbox today. It has spent the past 45 days
cycling between the Chicago and Atlanta terminals, having made several

round
trips. It was addressed correctly. Despite postal officials' delaying
tactics and insistence that they were powerless to take action, it is
observable that when pressure is brought to bear from both ends, things
move. The problem was caused by a window clerk's mis-key of the first

digit
of my zip code, which then appeared on the meter stamp and barcode.

All's well that ends well. Coin life is good!

James

I hope mine come back.
They lost one that I sent out over a month ago. Two Guadeloupe coins, 50
centimes and 1Franc. Luckily I had a couple extra 1F. coins I could replace
them. I really wanted to keep one of them but..

Old January 20th 08, 11:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Jan 18, 12:15*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com
wrote:
A package, containing an eBay coin auction winning, and mailed from NC to me
on Dec. 4, arrived in my mailbox today. *It has spent the past 45 days
cycling between the Chicago and Atlanta terminals, having made several round
trips. *It was addressed correctly. *Despite postal officials' delaying
tactics and insistence that they were powerless to take action, it is
observable that when pressure is brought to bear from both ends, things
move. *The problem was caused by a window clerk's mis-key of the first digit
of my zip code, which then appeared on the meter stamp and barcode.

All's well that ends well. *Coin life is good!

James

Yeah!!! Like my second cousin who had her baby boy in a little tuxedo
at her eventual wedding to the child's father - the sign on the side
of the honeymoon getaway automobile said "Better late than Never".

oly
Old January 21st 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

James:

You are very fortunate. Most items that are "lost" in the mail end up
being auctioned off. I had a "theft" of almost $20,000 in coins. A
postal employee stole them (cut open the package, took out contents
and resealed with non-USPS tape) and I geuss got scared when they
realized what they stole and dumped it at a sorting center.

Long story short, the contents were turned in and when they could not
locate the original sender or the destination they dumped them in a
bin and sold them at auction. They are SUPPOSED to try to find out
who items belong to by checking for contact information, looking up
the reports filed, etc. In my case, I BOTH filed a claim of theft
with the Postal Inspectors AND had my contact information on just
about EVERY flip! Obviously not enough.

I got back MOST of my coins because the person that won the auction
went to the website on the flips and saw that I had posted the photos
and noted that they were stolen property. He contacted to postal
inspector and long story short, he was honest enough to give them back
to the US Postal Service. I am out about $1,500 though.

Oh, by the way, insurance is not good enough. If you pay for
insurance you basically are agreeing that if you lose something it is
then OWNED by the US Postal Service and they have the right to sell
it. Even if they find it, you are out of luck. So if you insure
something make sure you insure it for what it is worth and make sure
that you can actually get compensated. Because if they determine that
they can not compensate you and eventually find it, the insurance
sticker gives them the right to sell it at auction, NO QUESTIONS
ASKED!!!

-Alfred
Imperial Coins & Artifacts, Inc.
http://imperialcoins.com

On Jan 18, 4:35*pm, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
[...]

James- Hide quoted text -