Having trouble getting Presidential Dollar Coins?

Old January 18th 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

Default Having trouble getting Presidential Dollar Coins?

Then open this Federal Reserve newsletter, go to page 4 of 6, and
print the page. Print a copy for every bank you have tried to obtain
them at. Hand the page to the vault/merchant teller and/or the bank
manger. Have them contact their regional cash vault or armored carrier
and make sure they get their orders in.

http://www.frbservices.org/files/com...ash_011508.pdf

-Fred Shecter
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...shreadv ector
Old January 18th 08, 03:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ukraina Dvi

"shreadvector" wrote in message
Then open this Federal Reserve newsletter, go to page 4 of 6, and
print the page. Print a copy for every bank you have tried to obtain
them at. Hand the page to the vault/merchant teller and/or the bank
manger. Have them contact their regional cash vault or armored carrier
and make sure they get their orders in.

Curiously the banks in my area cannot seem to get rid of them. Everytime I
ask if they have anything interesting, hoping for Ikes or silver Kennedy's
they pull out those nasty presidential slugs and want me to take them.

Old January 18th 08, 03:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

On Jan 18, 7:45*am, "Ukraina Dvi" wrote:
"shreadvector" wrote in message

... Then open this Federal Reserve newsletter, go to page 4 of 6, and
print the page. Print a copy for every bank you have tried to obtain
them at. Hand the page to the vault/merchant teller and/or the bank
manger. Have them contact their regional cash vault or armored carrier
and make sure they get their orders in.

Curiously the banks in my area cannot seem to get rid of them. *Everytime I
ask if they have anything interesting, hoping for Ikes or silver Kennedy's
they pull out those nasty presidential slugs and want me to take them.

Yor solution is simple:

Get into your time machine and travel back into the last century.
About 30 years should do it, but 35 would be better. Then go into a
bank and buy all of the old fashioned gigantic, overly heavy, unable-
to-be-used-in-a-vending-machine Ikes you want. Then get back into the
time machine and go back another few years to find the silver
Kennedy's.

It's really quite simple.
Old January 18th 08, 05:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"shreadvector" wrote in message
Then open this Federal Reserve newsletter, go to page 4 of 6, and
print the page. Print a copy for every bank you have tried to obtain
them at. Hand the page to the vault/merchant teller and/or the bank
manger. Have them contact their regional cash vault or armored carrier
and make sure they get their orders in.

http://www.frbservices.org/files/com...ash_011508.pdf

-Fred Shecter

All these documents and chain of command demands just to get a few dollar
coins or maybe a roll or two from a bank? I'll bet their bank will love
them after the carrier drops off 50-100 thousand or so dollar coins and then
the one who raised hell asks for a roll, please. I could see maybe going
through all this if the bank was lax in resolving my account problem, but
dollar coins?

Old January 18th 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

http://www.frbservices.org/files/com...flash/fedflash...

-Fred Shecter

All these documents and chain of command demands just to get a few dollar
coins or maybe a roll or two from a bank? *I'll bet their bank will love
them after the carrier drops off 50-100 thousand or so dollar coins and then
the one who raised hell asks for a roll, please. *I could see maybe going
through all this if the bank was lax in resolving my account problem, but
dollar coins?

Your postingindicates you did not read the simple instructions (or
could not comprehend them).

Dollar coins are available in boxes of 1000, not 50-100 thousand. Most
branches that get a box of 1000 find they are gone within 1 to 5 days.
Old January 18th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

[...]

____
I assume you're talking about the banks you frequent. Each time I pick up
my new pres dollar roll at my BofA bank, I ask if they have many customers
asking for the coins and they say they don't get many requests.

Old January 18th 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ukraina Dvi

"shreadvector" wrote in message news:ac49bf93-
Yor solution is simple:

Get into your time machine and travel back into the last century.
About 30 years should do it, but 35 would be better. Then go into a
bank and buy all of the old fashioned gigantic, overly heavy, unable-
to-be-used-in-a-vending-machine Ikes you want. Then get back into the
time machine and go back another few years to find the silver
Kennedy's.

It's really quite simple.

I am not an Ira, nor do I play one on TeeVee, so t'ain't gonna happen.

Old January 18th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Stefano MacGregor

On Jan 18, 10:42*am, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

I assume you're talking about the banks you frequent. *Each time
I pick up my new pres dollar roll at my BofA bank, I ask if they
have many customers asking for the coins and they say they don't
get many requests.

I'll bet that if each teller had a little card in front of the window
that says "YES! We have the presidential golden dollars," they would
move quite a few of them.

--
Stefano
http://steve-and-pattie.com/esperant...iletoj-en.html
Old January 18th 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Jan 18, 2:00 pm, Stefano MacGregor wrote:
On Jan 18, 10:42 am, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

I assume you're talking about the banks you frequent. Each time
I pick up my new pres dollar roll at my BofA bank, I ask if they
have many customers asking for the coins and they say they don't
get many requests.

I'll bet that if each teller had a little card in front of the window
that says "YES! We have the presidential golden dollars," they would
move quite a few of them.

--
Stefanohttp://steve-and-pattie.com/esperantujo/steloj/biletoj-en.html

That is a brilliant, inexpensive, and likely-to-be highly effective
idea, Stefano.
A white card with an image of the Liberty side of the coin (not
wanting to
enter the "which side is the obverse" discussion/argument), with some
gold
edging around the perimeter, and voila!

Les
http://life-of-coins.blogspot.com/
Old January 18th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ukraina Dvi

wrote in message
That is a brilliant, inexpensive, and likely-to-be highly effective
idea, Stefano.
A white card with an image of the Liberty side of the coin (not
wanting to
enter the "which side is the obverse" discussion/argument), with some
gold
edging around the perimeter, and voila!

Les
http://life-of-coins.blogspot.com/

Someone forgot that these things are butt fugly slugs with lousy edge
lettering. I get a couple when they come out each time to send to
collectors overseas, but frankly I will not collect them and avoid using
them.