Ebay says my SEGS coins are counterfeit Now I am NARU!

Old January 25th 08, 09:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Charles Woods

Default Ebay says my SEGS coins are counterfeit Now I am NARU!

Hello, My name is Charles, and I located this Usenet newsgroup through
google search. Sorry for my first post to be such a downer, but I am
FURIOUS!

I would like to say that I enjoy dealing with coins since my Grandfater gave
me
some Ben Franklin halves when I was a kid. I am very interested
in what are called obsolete type coins, especially 2¢ 3¢ and 20¢ coins. I
am a recent
graduate of University of Texas, and I have not been on ebay much in the
past year with starting a career, etc. I accumulated lots of coins from
ebay and also through Texas dealers such as Royalty Coin (Jack Copeland) and
Coleman Foster.

Now to the main topic which I would like to expound on - Ebay's suspension
of my account - cedrwdmktg. Anyone knowing the truth of my honesty will
find themselves with a dichotomy of feelings when they pit Ebay's
accusations that I sold counterfeit coins with the truth.

I am NOT afraid to reveal this information to my buyers/anyone, because I
did not do anything in the wrong. I attest, that I HAVE NEVER SOLD
FAKE/COUNTERFEIT coins on Ebay. All the coins I sold were certified by
major coin grading services ANACS and SEGS. ANACS stands for American
Numismatic Association Certification Service, and SEGS stands for Sovereign
Entities Grading Service. Both are highly respected in the coin business.

Yet my most recent auctions were cancelled. Each time I wrote to ebay that
the accusations that I was selling counterfeits was UNJUST and I never
received a reply.

Here is just one of the automated letters I received:

MC036 eBay Listing Removed: Counterfeit Currency and Stamps ( 176198280)
Dear cedrwdmktg ),

You recently listed the following auction-style listing:

300191108663 - 1864 LM 2 cent piece Graded EF40 by SEGS

The item was removed because it violated the eBay Counterfeit Currency and
Stamps policy. We notified members who placed bids on the item that the
listing has
been canceled.

Well, now my account has been COMPLETELY CANCELLED.NARU!!!

Here is want I want to say publicly:

1) SEGS is owned by Larry Briggs and is a reliable grading service. There
is no way this coin, or the others I listed, are counterfeit.

2) Check out my feedback, at the time of my suspension, I had 1242 feedback
with 98.2 Positive Feedbaks, with a few negatives left in retaliation.
Wouldn't you see at least one negative comment questioning authenticity if I
was selling counterfeits?

3) Ebay claims that they do not end auctions unless there are complaints.
This leads me to believe that someone reported me, possibly a competitor
seller, another member, or a dissatisfied customer who had buyers remorse.
BUT AGAIN look through my feedback - if their feedback system works like it
should - that should be the best indicator about the quality of my service
and authenticity of the products sold.

4) Ebay's trust and safety can be ridiculous and unfair in their attempt to
weed out shady sellers/buyers. This is based, not only on my own experience,
but what I have read from other suspended members through several forums
(e.g. www.paypalsucks.com). There are numerous suspended coin sellers who
have been accused of selling counterfeit coins which are slabbed by SEGS.
This is nuts!!!

And then they suspended me with no option for reinstatement for selling
GENUINE COINS. Yet look at all the fake coins pouring in from China. Why
are they singleing out sellers of SEGS coins?

At this point, all Ebay has done is accuse me of something they never
proved. If they had asked before ending my auction, I could have arranged
for them to talk to one of the coin dealers who know me with all 3 of us in
a conference call or even video chat, and I can show receipts and slab
numbers to remind the dealer I bought it from that it was the same coin I
was selling on Ebay and 100% genuine!

Then when I went to the "why am I suspended" link, they FINALLY
started sending me some letters...

Dear charles,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your concerns about your
account suspension.

Your account was suspended due to concerns we have for the safety and
integrity of the eBay community.

As per the User Agreement, "Abusing eBay", we may immediately issue a
warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your
membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that
your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our
users, or us.

Please note that listings offering counterfeit coins are prohibited by
eBay and federal law, and such auctions may be ended. Multiple violations
of eBay's Counterfeit Coin policy resulted in the suspension of your
account.

Based on this review, your account will remain closed.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation, and wish you luck with
your future eBay transactions.

Sincerely,
Shiera

Dear Charles,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your account suspension.

We have reviewed your account once more for possible reinstatement but
are unable to do so at this time due to the nature of the serious violations
(violation of the counterfeit coins policy) that caused the suspension. As
such, we are unable to comply with your request for reinstatement.

We do understand that you may feel that this decision to uphold the
suspension of your account is unjustified. We take your concerns very
seriously but are unable to revise our decision at this time.

We thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,
Malcolm Lestrade

eBay Customer Support

Old January 25th 08, 09:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
clarkent

Did you read the policy to see which of its provisions they felt you had
violated? I would start their if I were you.

Old January 25th 08, 12:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Andy[_3_]

And by having a bit of a read of this newsgroup you'll find the issue has
been discussed numerous times.

Old January 25th 08, 01:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ukraina Dvi

With "stellar" feedbacks like these:

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Use...ed+by&ref=home

I should think eBay would have permanently NARU'ed you a year ago. You
wracked up an impressive negative collection of feedbacks, yet your account
continued. All for no or very slow shipping, like 3 months!

Old January 25th 08, 02:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RF

On Jan 25, 4:07*am, "Charles Woods" wrote:
Hello, My name is Charles, and I located this Usenet newsgroup through
google search. *Sorry for my first post to be such a downer, but I am
FURIOUS!

But probably not half as furious as the customers you've been screwing
by non-delivery and late delivery.
What amazes me is that ANYONE would bid on your auctions based on your
awful feedback.
Old January 25th 08, 02:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael Benveniste

"Charles Woods" wrote in message:

You recently listed the following auction-style listing:

300191108663 - 1864 LM 2 cent piece Graded EF40 by SEGS

How odd. I had an eBay item number 300191108663 on my watch list,
but it was from seller "the.cross.enterprises" and was a 1882 NGC
MS64 DMPL Morgan.

While I wasn't watching, the auction got pulled. I wonder if
it's possible to verify this with eBay?

Add an interesting coincidence -- the posting IP address resolves
to: 193.dallas-03rh16rt-04rh15rt.tx.dial-access.att.net. Like
"Pastor Gordon" and "Sergeant Newton," this post comes from a
dial-up account via a Prodigy News Server from the same version
of Outlook Express.

--
Michael Benveniste --

Old January 25th 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Phil DeMayo

On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 03:07:35 -0600, "Charles Woods"
wrote:

Hello, My name is Charles, and I located this Usenet newsgroup through
google search.

snip

Let me grab my Texas to English dictionary and translate this
sentence.

Ah....it really says "Fellow Texan Frank Provasek told me to post here
and whine about eBay's policies".
Old January 25th 08, 03:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Tony Cooper

wrote:

Hello, My name is Charles, and I located this Usenet newsgroup through
google search. Sorry for my first post to be such a downer, but I am
FURIOUS!

I would like to say that I enjoy dealing with coins since my Grandfater gave
me
some Ben Franklin halves when I was a kid. I am very interested
in what are called obsolete type coins, especially 2¢ 3¢ and 20¢ coins. I
am a recent
graduate of University of Texas,

I assume you attended on an athletic scholarship and had considerable
help from athletic department tutors in passing courses.

--

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old January 26th 08, 07:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

I know Dr. James Wiles was really ****ed when CONECA accepted money
from ICG for them to become the "official grading service."
Many of the members considered SEGS the best setvice for RPM and
variety attibutions. The bigger companies bid for the
right to be the "official" company of this or that organization, but
it still doesn't change their basic business model that their main
interest in big bulk submissions from big dealers, and spending 10
minutes on each coin with a loop and reference book isn't
cost effective.

He really wanted PCI to become the "official" grader after J.T became
president, since having JT and Bill Fivaz attribute your varieties
sounds so perfect. I guess money talks, though.

The ANA is really a money whore to have their own namesake grading
company, then sell it, and then take money from a competitor
to be the NEW ANA official service. Then the ANA sent applications
for bids to Star Grading Service and Accugrade and you can bet
Accugrade would be the official grading service of the ANA had they
topped NGC's bid. All this background moneychanging is politics
and bribery which makes a pretty good case for the banned services, at
least PCI and SEGS, that they have been given an unfair
deal by ebay with the ANA's input. I thought ebay was supposed to be
a level playing field where feedback determined the reputation of
sellers and auction prices determined the value of the items.

eBay NARU Reid Goldsborough Coins 3 November 10th 05 05:01 PM
Look Who's Back selling Counterfeit Coins on EBAY! Arizona Coin Collector Coins 5 February 4th 05 10:35 PM
COUNTERFEIT COINS ON EBAY Nos. 80-83 Arizona Coin Collector Coins 1 February 4th 05 10:56 AM
eBay Counterfeit Continental Dollar illustrated by genuine coins Tom DeLorey Coins 10 November 7th 04 05:35 PM
Form to report ebay counterfeit coins Frank Provasek Coins 1 September 13th 04 08:37 AM