Contest, Apology, etc.

Old July 13th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael Ng

Default Contest, Apology, etc.

Dear Friends of RCC,

I apologize for my improper behavior to anybody who was the arget of it
the past few months. There have been some major family issues,
particularly with my mother. The family issues are now over, not really
in the way I had hoped.

In any case, as a result, I am the last survivor of the family,
and as such, have more discretionary money to spend.

The contest is to pick a coin type for me. The following are
NOT under consideratio though:

-- Barber Halves
-- Walking Liberty Halves
-- Standing Liberty Quarters

The winner will receive a small token of appreciation.

The contest ends next Wednesday, July 20 at the midnight end.

Thanks,

Mike
Old July 13th 06, 11:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Amistad

I hope that things are going better for you now. Grab yourself a few nice
Half Dimes, Mike. Bust or Seated, those little things ROCK!

Amistad
'I love 'em more and more!'

Old July 14th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
bri

Thanks for the contest and my condolences.
I would recommend a complete matching grade set of original surfaced Barber
quarters with at least all full rims.
Good_luck with that one!
;-)

Old July 14th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
John Patrick

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I'd go for a complete "CC" type set: One of every coin minted at
Carson City, of course each with a CC.

Or, make it more difficult, and try to get every CC date as well.
Obviously, there will be several coins that will be impossible to
get.

John
'always wanted to attempt that'

Old July 14th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Steve

"Michael Ng" wrote in message
Dear Friends of RCC,

I apologize for my improper behavior to anybody who was the arget of it
the past few months. There have been some major family issues,
particularly with my mother. The family issues are now over, not really
in the way I had hoped.

In any case, as a result, I am the last survivor of the family, and
as such, have more discretionary money to spend.

The contest is to pick a coin type for me. The following are NOT
under consideratio though:

-- Barber Halves
-- Walking Liberty Halves
-- Standing Liberty Quarters

The winner will receive a small token of appreciation.

The contest ends next Wednesday, July 20 at the midnight end.

Thanks,

Mike

Been waiting for the right time - this seems like it.
**** you.

Steve

Old July 14th 06, 03:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Brian Blackwell

"Michael Ng" wrote in message
Dear Friends of RCC,

I apologize for my improper behavior to anybody who was the arget of it
the past few months. There have been some major family issues,
particularly with my mother. The family issues are now over, not really
in the way I had hoped.

In any case, as a result, I am the last survivor of the family, and
as such, have more discretionary money to spend.

The contest is to pick a coin type for me. The following are NOT
under consideratio though:

-- Barber Halves
-- Walking Liberty Halves
-- Standing Liberty Quarters

The winner will receive a small token of appreciation.

The contest ends next Wednesday, July 20 at the midnight end.

Thanks,

Mike

I've always wanted to put together a high grade set of shield nickels.

Old July 14th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Richard L. Hall

I've always liked the Liberty nickel series. I think of it as one of the
simplest coin designs that is really nice looking. Most are available and
only a few are really costly. Of course, if you wanted to include the 1913,
it could get very costly. Of course, it was designed by Charles Barber. So
I'm not sure if that would eliminate it.

--
Richard
My coin Links:

Old July 14th 06, 06:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael Ng

Michael Ng wrote:
Dear Friends of RCC,

I apologize for my improper behavior to anybody who was the arget of
it the past few months. There have been some major family issues,
particularly with my mother. The family issues are now over, not really
in the way I had hoped.

In any case, as a result, I am the last survivor of the family,
and as such, have more discretionary money to spend.

The contest is to pick a coin type for me. The following are
NOT under consideratio though:

-- Barber Halves
-- Walking Liberty Halves
-- Standing Liberty Quarters

The winner will receive a small token of appreciation.

The contest ends next Wednesday, July 20 at the midnight end.

Thanks,

Mike

Hi all,

For clarification of the contest, I mean that I will pick a single
coin for a type. All answers up to now will be considered as
representing the type, but just for your info ...

Thanks,

Mike
Old July 14th 06, 10:24 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mike Hairfield

How about a 1953-S FBL MS64 Franklin slabbed by PCGS, NGC or ANACS and not
those other slobbers.

Mike

Old July 14th 06, 11:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

Michael Ng wrote:
[...]

I'd pick a nice BU US Trade Dollar, a type coin with some history. Slabbed, of
course, for your protection.

Bruce