IP CFL

Old May 24th 08, 04:24 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
KC

Default IP CFL

Today I had the chance to meet Kennedy Nkeyasen, a Saftey for the CFL's
Saskatewan Roughriders. Or the 2007 Grey CUp Champions, remember, they
could have beat the Patriots too....Anyway, he came to our school to speak
about literacy. He was a very energetic speaker and actually played some
touch football with the kids. Got some cool pics with him and he signed my
football and Rider hat. A good haul for the day....A grade 4 student wanted
to get more than 1 thing singed. There was 50 kids in line and he was mad
he could not get a few. I told him to be good for the autograph gods will
be good to him then. I will have to explain that one to him on Monday. I
honestly believe there are Autograph Gods as cheesy as that sounds. I have
never pushed more than I thought proper, and the next time, some NHL is
standing in the lobby with no one around. AT the Skind game 2 years ago,
one of the caddies asked my wife if she wanted Jack Nicklaus's autograph,
she said she did have it and the guy got it for someone else. The next day,
we were golfing at a nearby course and Steven Ames (#40 ranked player in the
world), who was also at the skins game, was in the parking lot of the
course. He walked over to us and chatted for 15 mins. It was 7:30 in the
morning! Does anyone else believe in this Autograph Karma?

Less than a month before all the NHL hockey players come home for the
sunmmer golf tourneys or autograph signings for charity.

Old May 24th 08, 01:02 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

I do believe in Karma and that was cool about what you said to the
kid. It wouldn't have been fair to the others too and he really
didn't need that many (my guess is some adult pushed him to get more).

The only thing bad about this post is the Patriots comment, but I'll
forgive you

Old May 24th 08, 03:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

there are NO grey cup teams that could beat ANY NFL team..no matter
how bad that team is, that's 50 guys who made an nfl team...there's
not one in the CFL...those guys are there because they can't make it
in the nfl...
even doug flutie, the CFL god, couldn't really make it as a starter in
the nfl for any period of time.
come on, don't make completely ludicrous comments...

and you know that the patriots weren't the best team in the
nfl....right? they didn't win the super bowl...the giants did...
and now it's been PROVEN that the patriots have been cheating for
years...so who knows if they could beat the raiders without cheating
video.

Old May 24th 08, 04:15 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Doug Flutie as I recall played for both the Bears and the Pats and was
coming in as the decline of the Bears super-powered team was just
winding up. Then onto the Pats, where he was supposed to be their
hope. Remember Flutie flakes? LOL I thought he was a starter... but
he didn't turn out to be so overall great till he defected (or was
cast away).

Every team has an off day. You know how hard it is to win EVERY
single game? Unfortunately, their one loss was the one that counted.
It'd been better if they'd done it earlier in the year... LOL

However, almost all the analysts believe the cheating incident gave
them no advantages. They were just better defensively and that's all
their was to it. Great players all together and a good team
philosophy of no individual stars and working together is what made
them have such a great year. Remember too, the Pats have a few years
of goodness behind them too so are they better than the Giants? Hell
yeah.

Old May 25th 08, 12:34 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

no, warren moon used the cfl like a minor league...he DIDN'T make it
in the nfl until he had upped the ante in the cfl...
and No, most analysts agree that the cheating the patriots DID give
them an unfair advantage..that's why they did so well in the second
half of every game...they were cheaters and it helped them
GREATLY...or else they wouldn't have been videotaping games against
teams that weren't in their divisions...they are cheaters...the
players know it...that's why all the players that aren't on the team
anymore aren't speaking..it's why romeo crennell and that idiot that
coaches notre dame aren't talking...that's why it's ended up in
congress..that cheating is WORSE than the steroids thing. or else we
wouldn't be seeing it now...
if you didn't live in the new england area, you'd hear the roar loud
and clear...people are calling on bellicheck to be banned from the
nfl...players are calling them cheats and the rams want their super
bowl trophy back...come on....start listening to other things than
just your local news...
heck, even your best reporter is RIPPING the team.
mike

Old May 25th 08, 01:19 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

In case you didn't realize it, the incident was one time and ALL teams
do videotape the game. It was the camera positioning on that ...

Old May 25th 08, 01:59 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3[_2_]

All I can say is that he was fun to watch on the Oilers. :-) He was
among the best signings that the team ever made.

--

Mike
Gummby3

"Shane" wrote in message
"barefoot" wrote in message
no, warren moon used the cfl like a minor league...he DIDN'T make
it
in the nfl until he had upped the ante in the cfl...

Wrong. The NFL refused to draft him because he was black and wasn't
willing
to switch positions prior to the NFL draft. There had never been a
black
quarterback and no NFL team was willing to start a black
quarterback. He
chewed up the CFL right from the beginning and the NFL realized they
made an
idiotic blunder all because of prejudice. He would have been a
dominant
quarterback in the NFL from day one. Anyone that would disagree
with that
is retarded.

Old May 25th 08, 02:47 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

now THAT's a racist statement...
doug williams won a super bowl...and he was black...
he wasn't refused entry into the nfl, he wasn't that good at oregon
and HAD to go to the cfl..some on, don't be so idiotic and make a
comment like that...he wasn't good. he became good...

and no, the videotaping wasn't one incident...that guy has many
videos. the patriots weren't stripped of a draft pick because of one
incident...it's coming down hard that they did it a lot and all they
did was cheating.. the players on the patriots are worried their
legacy is tarnished because it happened ALL THE TIME...come on, look
at the facts. it was NEVER only one incident. anyone who believes that
is just silly.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3019280

it wouldn't be called a "scandal" and have it's nickname called
"spygate" because it happened one time...they just got caught at it
because a former assistant coach is the head coach of the jets and he
ratted them out...
the nfl destroyed TONS of evidence, and there's still more out
there...and congress has EVEN MORE of it.

come on...you can't be this naive.
mike

Old May 25th 08, 02:50 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

and, he wasn't even a dominant qb when he hit the nfl...he was just
blessed with a good system in houston, and better receivers with
minnesota...he deserves to be a hall of famer, but the cfl is lucky to
be a minor league AT BEST...they barely get 1/2 % of their players to
EVER make it in the nfl...they are barely a notch above arena
football...
but the cfl is fun to watch. but don't confuse the fact that EVERY
player on a team like the raiders is in the nfl, and the cfl doesn't
even have 50 players to crack the nfl...a cfl team will never be up to
par with even the lowest nfl team...come on.

Old May 25th 08, 02:51 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

I sincerely doubt that's stated anywhere... I doubt they would cop to
that. I guess I am retarded...