FA: 1922 No D Lincoln PCGS F-15 Strong Rev, Die 2 starts at $0.01

Old September 5th 04, 05:17 AM
Wes Chormicle

Default FA: 1922 No D Lincoln PCGS F-15 Strong Rev, Die 2 starts at $0.01

Thanks for looking!

Wes

---

Old September 5th 04, 11:35 AM
Ira Stein

Wes Chormicle wrote:

Thanks for looking!

Wes

That's a date that's my specialty, Wes. Even without the tick, it's a Fine-15.
Need more detail on wheat ears and ear to make VF. Nevertheless, I threw a
decent bid at it.

Ira Stein
Old September 5th 04, 02:26 PM
Wes Chormicle

Thank you Ira! The mere fact that you place a bid in some of my auctions
tells me that I have I have some nice (but not as nice as yours) coins.
Thanks again for bidding!

Wes

Old September 6th 04, 01:11 AM
Roßert G. Schaffrath

If my father were still alive I may very well have thrown up a bid as
that was his birth year. Sadly it was impossible to put together a
birth year set for him with the 1922 Peace Dollar being the only other
available coin. I believe he may have purchased a 1922 penny some time
ago that we have yet to find amongst his things.

Wes Chormicle wrote:

Thanks for looking!

Wes

---

Old September 6th 04, 05:19 AM
Bob Flaminio

Roßert G. Schaffrath wrote:
If my father were still alive I may very well have thrown up a bid as
that was his birth year. Sadly it was impossible to put together a
birth year set for him with the 1922 Peace Dollar being the only other
available coin. I believe he may have purchased a 1922 penny some
time ago that we have yet to find amongst his things.

1922 would suck for birth-year set collectors. One could splurge and get
a '22 $20 to go along with it. There's also the 1922 Grant commems --
50c and $1, the latter being quite expensive. Still, if you got those
five coins together, you'd have a nice and eclectic birth year set.

--
Bob

Old September 6th 04, 04:06 PM
Cliff

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 21:19:31 -0700, "Bob Flaminio"
wrote:

Roßert G. Schaffrath wrote:
If my father were still alive I may very well have thrown up a bid as
that was his birth year. Sadly it was impossible to put together a
birth year set for him with the 1922 Peace Dollar being the only other
available coin. I believe he may have purchased a 1922 penny some
time ago that we have yet to find amongst his things.

1922 would suck for birth-year set collectors. One could splurge and get
a '22 $20 to go along with it. There's also the 1922 Grant commems --
50c and $1, the latter being quite expensive. Still, if you got those
five coins together, you'd have a nice and eclectic birth year set.

Just look for a nice 22-D cent. They are a little pricey but nothing
close to the no D.
Cliff