Anyone want to participate in a Summer Swap?

Old May 25th 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Amistad

Default Anyone want to participate in a Summer Swap?

Howdy folks,

This thread is simply to see whether there is any interest in having a swap
this summer. I've coordinated the last five swaps and I'd be happy to
coordinate another one. But if there is someone else out there who's
thinking "Why the heck does ol' Larry always hog the coordinating on these
things?", I'd be happy to ride off into the sunset and let that someone make
it happen. Any and all comments are welcome. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Larry

Old May 25th 07, 02:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Wes Chormicle

I'm ready to participate again. Sign me up.

Old May 25th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Hinz

On Thu, 24 May 2007 20:35:55 -0500, Amistad wrote:
Howdy folks,

This thread is simply to see whether there is any interest in having a swap
this summer.

I'm interested but, to be honest, I'm not sure I have anything worthy of
swappage. Can you make me non-intimidated?

Old May 25th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ron[_2_]

I'm in.

-Ron Buelow

Old May 25th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Amistad

"Dave Hinz" dropped by and said:
I'm interested but, to be honest, I'm not sure I have anything worthy of
swappage. Can you make me non-intimidated?

Dave, one need not lock himself into using only what he currently owns as
something to use as fodder for swapping. The idea behind this is to read
the swap form information that you get from your swap partner, and based on
that info, you go from there in seeing that your swap partner receives
something that he will be happy to have.

Suppose you participate in the swap, and the swap partner that you end up
with states in his swap form something like -- "I am absolutely nuts about
early Lincolns. That's all I'm really interested in collecting, and nothing
else is of interest in my enjoyment of numismatics." So you read that...
and if you do not have an early Lincoln that has a value that falls within
your swap value range, you'd get busy and purchase something for your
partner on eBay, or perhaps at a local show...

Amistad
'swapping rocks!'

Old May 25th 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Hinz

On Thu, 24 May 2007 21:18:37 -0500, Amistad wrote:
"Dave Hinz" dropped by and said:
I'm interested but, to be honest, I'm not sure I have anything worthy of
swappage. Can you make me non-intimidated?

Dave, one need not lock himself into using only what he currently owns as
something to use as fodder for swapping. The idea behind this is to read
the swap form information that you get from your swap partner, and based on
that info, you go from there in seeing that your swap partner receives
something that he will be happy to have.

(snip)

OK, count me in.
Old May 25th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Amistad" wrote in message
[...]

But sometimes that approach can be like a novice buying an advanced wine
collector a bottle of merlot from Wine Depot. The collector already has an
refined preference for particular wines. I would buy him or her a good
cigar or a Beach Boys CD instead.

Bruce

Old May 25th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Eric Babula

"Amistad" wrote in
:

Howdy folks,

This thread is simply to see whether there is any interest in having a
swap this summer. I've coordinated the last five swaps and I'd be
happy to coordinate another one. But if there is someone else out
there who's thinking "Why the heck does ol' Larry always hog the
coordinating on these things?", I'd be happy to ride off into the
sunset and let that someone make it happen. Any and all comments are
welcome. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Larry

Count me in, too!

Sorry, I'm not able to take over your position as Master Swapper.

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Old May 25th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Eric Babula

"Amistad" wrote in
:

[...]

Or even a local coin dealer...

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

summer swap linxlvr Coins 2 August 7th 05 12:45 AM
Summer Swap Russell Coins 0 August 6th 05 04:57 PM
SUMMER SWAP Dr. K. Coins 0 August 5th 05 08:11 PM
SUMMER SWAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gary Loveless Coins 19 July 7th 05 03:21 AM
RCC Summer Swap Dale Hallmark Coins 9 June 28th 04 01:39 PM