ANA Survey

Old November 7th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
bgg

Default ANA Survey

Anyone else get an email invitation to participate in an ANA survey? I
used the last catch all question to make these comments:

"I'm concerned about all of the turmoil surrounding the ANA and it's
board of governors. It seems that there is much controversy
surrounding everything that the ANA has done recently, but since the
ANA is so secretive, it's hard for members to know what is really
happening. For example, James Taylor's recent guest editorial in Coin
World was very interesting, but the ANA never comments on these things.
Similarly, what really happened with former governor Walt Ostromecki?
Why doesn't the ANA just come out and say exactly what happened? It's
hard to see any real gain by being so secretive. It's all very
confusing to the rank and file membership."

Old November 7th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
dorancoins

bgg wrote:
Anyone else get an email invitation to participate in an ANA survey? I
used the last catch all question to make these comments:

"I'm concerned about all of the turmoil surrounding the ANA and it's
board of governors. It seems that there is much controversy
surrounding everything that the ANA has done recently, but since the
ANA is so secretive, it's hard for members to know what is really
happening. For example, James Taylor's recent guest editorial in Coin
World was very interesting, but the ANA never comments on these things.
Similarly, what really happened with former governor Walt Ostromecki?
Why doesn't the ANA just come out and say exactly what happened? It's
hard to see any real gain by being so secretive. It's all very
confusing to the rank and file membership."

Here are the reasons.....

1) Because they are never good at admitting anything.

2) Because they have a habit of either circling their wagons,
stonewalling, or using smoke and mirrors.

3) Because in their minds they don't have to prove anything.

and.....

4) They believe that you are answerable to them, not them answerable
to you!

Old November 7th 06, 12:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

dorancoins wrote:
bgg wrote:
[...]

The ANA is **** and I have let my 27 year membership expire. I will
not contribute anymore to the Crapholetti "all the shrimp you can eat"
fund. Let the dealers do it.

oly

Old November 7th 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

I received and responded to the ANA survey. It seemed more like a way
of determining
the demographics of the membership for marketing purposes than for more
altruistic
purposes. I too used the 'catch-all' question at the end to ask pretty
much the same
thing you did. I stated that the operations of the ANA should be less
secretive and
more public, if for no other reason than the dissent it has caused. I
also told them
that they could keep the $2 coupon.

Old November 7th 06, 04:17 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
dorancoins

oly wrote:
dorancoins wrote:
bgg wrote:
[...]

Hey oly,

I am planning to run for the board in 2007 - would you like me to give
them hell for you?

dorancoins

Old November 7th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

dorancoins wrote:
oly wrote:
dorancoins wrote:
bgg wrote:
[...]

Hey Mike, I'm mostly past the point of giving a ****. I always wanted
to see Brian Fanton on the Board, but not the way he got on - he oughta
be ashamed.

oly

Old November 7th 06, 05:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bob Johnson

I completed the survey and commented
"I would not contribute or support
the current mismanaged organization"