Should I use registered mail for stamps exchange?

Old July 22nd 05, 12:54 PM
Edwin Chan

Default Should I use registered mail for stamps exchange?

Hi all,

I want to exchange stamps with an Iran collector, and I assume he/she is
honest, should I use registered mail? (I know nothing about Middle East
Countries)

Please advice. Thanks.

Old July 22nd 05, 02:05 PM
Ralphael1

Edwin Chan wrote:
Hi all,

I want to exchange stamps with an Iran collector, and I assume he/she is
honest, should I use registered mail? (I know nothing about Middle East
Countries)

Please advice. Thanks.

You will have to make this decision. It is generally safer to use
registered mail but costly.
Personally I would not use registered mail unlesss the stamps were of
high catalog value.
Ralphael, the OLD one

Old July 22nd 05, 02:44 PM
DROGER Jean-Paul

Ralphael1 a exprimé avec précision :

Edwin Chan wrote:
Hi all,

I want to exchange stamps with an Iran collector, and I assume he/she is
honest, should I use registered mail? (I know nothing about Middle East
Countries)

Please advice. Thanks.

You will have to make this decision. It is generally safer to use
registered mail but costly.
Personally I would not use registered mail unlesss the stamps were of
high catalog value.
Ralphael, the OLD one

I will try to answer you! I exchange stamps since 1957 and had always
more then 15 friends in the world!

It exist some countries where most letters with nice stamps on and/or a
little heavy are "visited" and disappear often! This most soth european
countries, middle east, middle and south america! For those countries
you have tu use rgistered letters always!

For other countries, like central europ, Scandinavian, north america,
Japan Australia and certainly other countries you have generally no
problem! I begin to use nevertheless registered letter (price only 4 ¤
in France, nearly 5$ US) when catalog value gegins to be higher then
100 ¤ (120/125 $ US)

For IRAK I think you have to use only registered letters, I'd should do
so.

--
Jean-Paul DROGER (enlever "anti." et remplacer "ptt" par "wanadoo" pour
me joindre en perso; remove "anti." and replace "ptt" by "wanadoo" to

Old July 22nd 05, 03:00 PM
Edwin Chan

Thanks all, I think I should not trade with him/her as what I can get is
just few low value items. If I use registerd airmail, it is too costly, I
can buy at a lower cost through ebay.

"DROGER Jean-Paul" ¼¶¼g©ó¶l¥ó·s»D
Ralphael1 a exprim?avec précision :

Old July 22nd 05, 03:33 PM
Douglas Myall

"Edwin Chan" wrote in message
Hi all,

I want to exchange stamps with an Iran collector, and I assume

he/she is
honest, should I use registered mail? (I know nothing about Middle

East
Countries)

Please advice. Thanks.

Major mail thieves are likely to be on the lookout for high value
packages such as registered letters which are usually sorted into
different bags than ordinary ones. Lesser
thieves are likely to be attracted by high value or attractive stamps
on the envelopes of even ordinary mail. So long as you are not trading
valuable stamps I would avoid both. Try a small exchange to begin
with.

Douglas

Old July 23rd 05, 03:50 AM
wolfb

A good trading partner of mine (jjroberts, if you are not familiar with
Liberia, that will mean nothing to you) advises against insurance,
registered or any indication of value. The red circle "Insured" means steal
me! Although I have never had any trouble, "Knock on wood", it makes
sense. In the 35 years of sending stuff through the US mail I have never
had any trouble and only one item lost as far as I know. 99.99% of
everything gets delivered. It is very commendable, for a service that
handles such a volume of mail, to have such a track record of completed
deliveries. Cudos USPS!!!

Keep on Stampin'

Wolf-==-