First 2 successes

Old November 17th 03, 10:37 PM
Bill Plenge

Emiko wrote:
Hiyas!

I just started collecting in August of this year and was beginning to
wonder if any of the people I sent request to were ever going to
reply and finally last Friday I got an 8x10 ISP from Judith Light and
a 5x7 ISP from Tony Danza both are excellent black and white pics.
I'm so excited and am having so much fun. I'd like to thank everyone
here that helped me get started. Thanks a bunch!!!

~Emiko

Congrats on your first successes.

As Dahoov said you'll always remember your first success. In my case my
first was a failure but also was memorable. Long ago a friend of mine wrote
Vincent Price and received a nicely signed 8x10. Knowing I was a fan too he
passed along the address to me. Unfortunately I never was one for writing
letters, so I put off writing. Whenever I had the time I couldn't find the
where I put the address, when I stumbled across the address I never had the
time. Finally one day when I found the address I made time, wrote my
request and mailed it out. The very next day the newspapers reported that
Mr. Price passed away. Though there was no way my request arrived in that
short a time to this day the friend who originally gave me the address kids
me that I killed Mr. Price with a "poison pen letter."

Years later I found a reputable dealer selling a signed photo of Mr. Price
with a personalization "To Bill" and purchased it. I consider this a
success from Mr. Price from beyond the grave, which seems oddly fitting, and
makes it one of my most cherished autographs.

Best of luck in your future collecting.

Bill

Old December 17th 03, 10:25 PM
dahoov2

Default First 2 successes

Congrats and you always remember your first....lol

Old December 17th 03, 11:38 PM
dahoov2

That's a nice story to share on Vincent Price... sometimes things do
affect us. I remember a couple poor responses or oddball ones where
they thought I was up to no good by asking for an index card or
something like that. I remember those odd things most of all. Cool
that you found a real inscribed one with your name. I had found one of
John Ratzneberger like that too before. Kind of rare. Neat though.

SuCCeSSeS Todd F. Autographs 6 November 8th 03 02:40 PM
Arizona Fall League successes Jay Mankey Autographs 0 October 19th 03 08:40 AM
Weekend successes Matthew George Autographs 0 August 31st 03 12:39 PM
SuCCeSSeS - Boughten Todd F. Autographs 0 August 29th 03 07:04 AM
JuNE SuCCeSSeS!!!!!!! Todd F. Autographs 0 July 1st 03 07:49 AM