US MINT Out Sourcing

Old November 6th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
?????

Default US MINT Out Sourcing

Well it's official the US Mint is now out sourcing their call center to
India. Nice to know that the US Government supports every other country
except ours. I wonder when they'll start our sourcing soldiers so ours
don't have to die in some dumb ass war the President starts.

Old November 6th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Edward McGrath

Where did you get this information from?

Old November 6th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Fred Shecter

I suspect it was a message from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranus

http://www.sirius.com/

Old November 6th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

????? wrote:
Well it's official the US Mint is now out sourcing their call center to
India. Nice to know that the US Government supports every other country
except ours. I wonder when they'll start our sourcing soldiers so ours
don't have to die in some dumb ass war the President starts.

True or not, this would surprise anyone? I often ponder the herd's
reaction when it finds out that even its currency is stamped in China,
but there's no way that could ever be, right? The grim reality is that
the dumb-ass President IS out-sourcing our soldiers ...right into body
bags.

Old November 6th 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
bri

wrote in message
ups.com...

????? wrote:
Well it's official the US Mint is now out sourcing their call center to
India. Nice to know that the US Government supports every other country
except ours. I wonder when they'll start our sourcing soldiers so ours
don't have to die in some dumb ass war the President starts.

True or not, this would surprise anyone? I often ponder the herd's
reaction when it finds out that even its currency is stamped in China,
but there's no way that could ever be, right? The grim reality is that
the dumb-ass President IS out-sourcing our soldiers ...right into body
bags.

Quick quiz--name the democrats who voted against the war in Irak?
?????
;-)
Back OT--when you call that Mint 1-800 number you are calling a bulding
across the street from the Philly mint or one down in Tennesee. They
contract all of that out. So if you want that 'gubbermint' contract come up
with a cheaper service--then maybe the prices of their product would come
down and then I could afford to add even mork junk to my hoard.

Old November 7th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Hinz

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 09:49:53 -0500, ????? wrote:
Well it's official the US Mint is now out sourcing their call center to
India. Nice to know that the US Government supports every other country
except ours. I wonder when they'll start our sourcing soldiers so ours
don't have to die in some dumb ass war the President starts.

Your words might have more impact if you didn't choose to have no
identity. By not at least picking _some_ sort of "handle", your posts
get lumped in, mentally, with every other pseudo-anonymous poster, and
lose impact.

Just so you know.

Old November 7th 06, 06:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
GregW

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 23:40:25 GMT, "bri" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

????? wrote:
Well it's official the US Mint is now out sourcing their call center to
India. Nice to know that the US Government supports every other country
except ours. I wonder when they'll start our sourcing soldiers so ours
don't have to die in some dumb ass war the President starts.

True or not, this would surprise anyone? I often ponder the herd's
reaction when it finds out that even its currency is stamped in China,
but there's no way that could ever be, right? The grim reality is that
the dumb-ass President IS out-sourcing our soldiers ...right into body
bags.

Quick quiz--name the democrats who voted against the war in Irak?
?????
;-)

Easy. None. No Republicans did either. There was never a vote to
declare war on Iraq. The President was given the authority to do
whatever was necessary to compel Saddam to comply with UN rulings.

Bush sold the bill as a way to rein in Iraq and keep the peace. As
usual, he lied then and continues to lie today when he says the
invasion was the last resort. It was always plan A for him. That
became clear when he pulled the UN weapons inspectors out of Iraq with
absolutely zero justification.
Old November 7th 06, 07:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Aram Haroutunian

"GregW" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 23:40:25 GMT, "bri" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

????? wrote:
[...]

==========
I believe you are right, Greg. If I recall my classes in Civics, isn't it
Congress
which has the power to declare war? Has the United States declared war
against any nation since the end of World War 2? I think the "Korean
Conflict"
was described as a "Police Action" under UN auspices. I don't think there
was a declaration of war in Viet Nam either. And to "declare war" on
something
called "terror" just mangles the meaning of words. I guess FDR could have
declared war on "fear" early on, when he said, "We have nothing ro fear but
fear itself."
Why, we could declare war on all kinds of things like sadness, poverty (oh.
we did that one
already, eh?), drugs (oops again), unpopular ideas, crankiness, etc. Or
collectors of the
wrong kinds of coins (to sort of bring it back here.)
Aram.

Old November 7th 06, 11:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
bri

"Aram Haroutunian" wrote in message
news

"GregW" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 23:40:25 GMT, "bri" wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

????? wrote:
[...]

Once again Aram is wise beyond his years.
Just as in Vietnam and in Korea they have used terms for 'war' without
actually calling it war.
This war it was 'use of force' I do believe.
Anyhow no one has an answer to my quiz yet.
I do know of at least a couple of dems who actually voted for 'use of
force'--or whatever else PC terminology you want to paper it over with--but
then not too long after voted against funding it.
I don't know what you call that but it's like a bully who thows a rock
through a window and then blames it on the kid standing next to him.