(RCSD) Imperf St. Thomas ss?

Old July 19th 08, 04:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_3_]

Default (RCSD) Imperf St. Thomas ss?

I'm trying to find an answer for a friend, who has Scott St. Thomas
518-9, the two souvenir sheets of 15 Sept 1979, fully gummed. Scott does
not list it imperf. Is it listed in any catalogue?

The colors are slightly "off" in his estimation, so I had suggested the
possibility of it being printer's waste.

--
Joshua H. McGee, Los Angeles, California, USA
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, AFDCS, MBPC, MCC, BPS
Old July 19th 08, 05:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 19 Jul, 17:57, Joshua McGee wrote:
I'm trying to find an answer for a friend, who has Scott St. Thomas
518-9, the two souvenir sheets of 15 Sept 1979, fully gummed. *Scott does
not list it imperf. *Is it listed in any catalogue? *

The colors are slightly "off" in his estimation, so I had suggested the
possibility of it being printer's waste.

--
Joshua H. McGee, Los Angeles, California, USA
Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC, AFDCS, MBPC, MCC, BPS
President:http://www.penguinstamps.org
Trade?:http://www.mcgees.org/stamp-offers/

Well, this raises a question I've been meaning to ask for some while:
The last _ever_ "real" stamp for St Thomas & Prince Is listed in SG
(Simplified or Part 14) is the 2nd anniversary of independence
overprint of 12-Jul-1977. Thereafter, there are only "Appendix" stamps
aka dunes, to 1981 and 3 newspaper stamps in 1982. I have a number
dated after this, but they have the look and feel of more dunes. So
what has StT&P been doing for postage since 1977? When do other cats
end their listings?

Chris
Old July 20th 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee[_3_]

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 09:30:47 -0700, chrisj.doran wrote:

On 19 Jul, 17:57, Joshua McGee wrote:
I'm trying to find an answer for a friend, who has Scott St. Thomas
518-9, the two souvenir sheets of 15 Sept 1979, fully gummed. Â*Scott
does not list it imperf. Â*Is it listed in any catalogue?

The colors are slightly "off" in his estimation, so I had suggested the
possibility of it being printer's waste.

--
Joshua H. McGee, Los Angeles, California, USA Member: APS, ATA, ISWSC,
AFDCS, MBPC, MCC, BPS President:http://www.penguinstamps.org
Trade?:http://www.mcgees.org/stamp-offers/

Well, this raises a question I've been meaning to ask for some while:
The last _ever_ "real" stamp for St Thomas & Prince Is listed in SG
(Simplified or Part 14) is the 2nd anniversary of independence overprint
of 12-Jul-1977. Thereafter, there are only "Appendix" stamps aka dunes,
to 1981 and 3 newspaper stamps in 1982. I have a number dated after
this, but they have the look and feel of more dunes. So what has StT&P
been doing for postage since 1977? When do other cats end their
listings?

Scott lists stamps up through 2003 in the 2007 catalogue. They may list
further in newer editions. There is no indication in the catalogue that
they are not postally valid. This is news to me if it is true.

Also: there look to be legitimate overprints (UPU membership anniversary)
on 19 October 1977. These are not listed in SG?

Old July 20th 08, 03:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Jul 19, 7:40 pm, Joshua McGee wrote:
[...]

The gap from 1975 to 1990 may be explained here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C3%A3..._Pr%C3%ADncipe

Blair
Old July 20th 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 20 Jul, 01:40, Joshua McGee wrote:
[...]

They are in the Appendix of stamps "...issued in excess of postal
needs or have not been available to the public in reasonable
quantities at face value..."

A glance at eBay, Ebid, and Delcampe shows no recent StT&P stamps that
don't look like CTOs/dunes. Has anyone seen a genuinely-used StT&P
stamp (preferably on cover) from the last 30 years?

Chris
Old July 20th 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Jul 20, 8:33 am, wrote:
[...]

Your most likely source would probably be Portugal.
The major language of STP is Portugese and Portugal
is their greatest trading partner.

Also, since STP has the second smallest population
of any african country (after Seychelles) , postally used
stamps will be difficult to find.

Blair
Old July 20th 08, 03:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Nothing in my e album Chris,

Linn's show 1978 as the break point in issuing
then Sao tome issueing "for stamp collectors"
1929 Brandy (the drinking of) was abolished.
http://cjoint.com/data/huqavak16c.htm

Old September 12th 08, 02:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jeffry L. Johnson

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 11:57:52 -0400, Joshua McGee wrote
(in article ):

I'm trying to find an answer for a friend, who has Scott St. Thomas
518-9, the two souvenir sheets of 15 Sept 1979, fully gummed. Scott does
not list it imperf. Is it listed in any catalogue?

Michel lists the Graf Zeppelin souvenir sheet both perf and imperf.

The other SS (DC-3?) Michel lists only perf. But, I would not be surprised
by any imperf varieties of S. Tome e Principe.