A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Juke Boxes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

HF100R grill cloth install

Old May 19th 20, 02:28 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Terry S[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default HF100R grill cloth install

I've had this box apart for several years, finally getting around to finishing it. Any tips on installing the grill cloth?

I have the bottom strip with the little barbs, I imagine those are intended to grab the cloth.

Just finished all the laminate work, starting re-assembly of all the exterior parts.

When I got this box there was no cloth, no strip, no waterfalls, no glass, no glass frames, etc... so this is all new to me.

Any help, pics, tips appreciated. No idea how this goes together.

I have some other mysteries too, will follow up.

Terry
Ads
Old May 25th 20, 06:12 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default HF100R grill cloth install

On Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 9:28:36 AM UTC-4, Terry S wrote:
I've had this box apart for several years, finally getting around to finishing it. Any tips on installing the grill cloth?

I have the bottom strip with the little barbs, I imagine those are intended to grab the cloth.

Just finished all the laminate work, starting re-assembly of all the exterior parts.

When I got this box there was no cloth, no strip, no waterfalls, no glass, no glass frames, etc... so this is all new to me.

I've used wall paper paste. Apply - thinly - to the cabinet. Not too thick. Lay the cloth on top and press down. You might want to put a staple here and there to keep it tight. Don't worry if the paste oozes through the cloth.. Just wipe it off with a damp rag. The nice thing about the paste is that it's water based. Best to try on a sample first.

Any help, pics, tips appreciated. No idea how this goes together.

I have some other mysteries too, will follow up.

Terry