Old April 27th 12, 07:50 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
gogu[_11_]

Default Miniature Sheet...MNH or not MNH?...

Ο "Terry Reedy" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
On 4/26/2012 5:27 PM, gogu wrote:
There is a seller advertising a Mini Sheet which comprises 6 stamps in
it.
In the item description he says it's MNH but there are post office seals
placed over the 6 stamps!
Sure, the post office seals look very odonate and look like they are
placed
by a machine and not by hand.
But they are still seals on the stamps...
My question is if the MNH representation for this set is misguiding or
not?
Is this set considered "used" or not?

I am not sure what you mean by 'post office seals' from your European
viewpoint (picture?),

The seal applied by the post office when you send a letter!
"Cancelled" may be the correct term but I am new in the hobby and I don't
know much about terminology;-)

but 'mint' means as packaged at the printer and delivered to the post
office. 'Used' means sent through the mails. CTO (cancelled to order)
means cancelled (not mint) but also not used.

Probably this is the case!
If this is the case, still the use of the term "MNH" to describe it is
misguiding, is this correct?
In this case, such sets do thye command the same value as true MNH sets or
they trade for less?

tnx Terry

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/golanule/
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

Anything else glued on is just 'defaced' and possibly/probably worthless
unless there is some special circumstance I cannot think of ;-).

tjr