Old December 15th 08, 07:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default Half Doggie Dollars and Louisiana Purchase $2 Bill RedesignLegislation, oh my!

On Dec 14, 9:05*am, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
wrote in message

Figured I'd tweak with you guys again. Love it, or hate it, this is
the legislation I'm going to send to my Congressmen.

HALF DOLLAR COIN:

Section 1. Short Title

This Act may be cited as the "Famous Dogs Half Dollar Coin Act"

Sec 2. Design and Issuance of Half Dollar coins, Featuring Famous Dogs
of *U.S. History

Unfortunately for famous dog lovers, the only people who would ever see
these husky halves are collectors who order annual proof and mint sets. *And
while many will never even open their sets, others may only take a brief
glance to ensure there are no scratches -- ironic, because dogs love to
scratch and be scratched.

I suppose all this will require an emergency session of Congress, unless you
can wait until 2009.

Yeah, I'm waiting for the next Congress. But I did like the name
"Husky Halves" Its fitting, seeing as Balto was at least part Husky,
from what I've heard and read. (I should have called the new $2 bills
"Twoisiana Bills" LoL)