Old October 12th 11, 09:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default Securitate, Philately, and Me in then Communist Romania

"Terry Reedy" wrote in message
On 10/11/2011 5:25 AM, Victor Manta wrote:
"Pierre wrote in message
Thank you for sharing these moving and very personal facts with us !

Thanks for commenting, Pierre! I'm glad to learn that I'm not alone on
this
ng..., to which I contribute when I have something to say.

As you could learn, my very personal data weren't personal at all in my
past. I see my page as an argument for vigilance for all freedom lovers.

I had not realized how both petty and murderous the insecurity forces (and
that does seem to have been their purpose) were even in Romina (as opposed
to Soviet Union and DDR).

Terry

Alyn, Terry, thank you for commenting on my new page:

http://www.reds-on.postalstamps.biz/informer.htm

Yes indeed, as noted by Wikipedia, in Romania:

"Under Ceausescu, the Securitate was one of the most brutal secret police
forces in the world, responsible for the arrests and deaths of thousands of
people."

--
Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP

Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/