Old April 24th 11, 07:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

Default Venezuela help id

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message
On Apr 23, 7:21 am, "Pedro" wrote:
"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

On Apr 22, 9:40 am, "Pedro" wrote:

"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

On Apr 21, 12:40 pm, "Pedro" wrote:

Dear friends,
I'm just sorting out all my Venezuela stamps and have a question
regarding
Scott catalogue ids. I would like to know which is the difference
between
Venezuela Scott 1238 and 1239. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Pedro

Hello Pedro:

Here is a First Day Cover of the two to show the different designs.

http://www.cijoint.fr/cj201104/cijDriKxju.jpg

Happy Collecting.

Blair

Thank you very much Blair. The problem with Scott catalog is that it
doesn't
show pictures for all the stamps in a series, and, in this case, even
the
description of 1239 is somewhat vague as 1238 also shows an emblem and I
thought that perhaps there were only minor difrerences. I apprceiate
very
much your help.

best wishes,
Pedro

You are most welcome, Pedro. I too have been the victim of Scotts
less than
complete listings. That is a problem when you are an All World
catalogue.
Luckily, now you can go online.and usually get an answer. I find that
EBAY is
a good source of scans of stamps. Not always great scans, but you
still get
the information.

Blair

Thanks again. Even the Venezuela catalog from Aurelio Blanco Quintanilla
has
some omissions. I've found one series in the Scott not present in
Aurelio's
catalog. I mean the Scott's numbers 128 to 135 (A25 image). Even so, I
have
2 stamps of the same design as Venezuela Scott's A25 in different colors
than those stated in Scott's.

regards,
Pedro- Hide quoted text -

Pedro:

Why not post a scan on the net for us to see.

There is a note earlier in Scott that some
stamps that were valid for postage were
re-printed later on, in different colours,
and these were used as revenues only.

Blair
..

some more...

http://cjoint.com/?0Dyugsk5uvq

of these two, the darker one should be the one in the Scott catalog
referenced as dark blue colour

more to come...

Pedro