Old April 22nd 11, 03:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

Default Venezuela help id

On Apr 22, 9:40*am, "Pedro" wrote:
"Blair (TC)" wrote in message

On Apr 21, 12:40 pm, "Pedro" wrote:

Dear friends,
I'm just sorting out all my Venezuela stamps and have a question regarding
Scott catalogue ids. I would like to know which is the difference between
Venezuela Scott 1238 and 1239. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Pedro

Hello Pedro:

Here is a First Day Cover of the two to show the different designs.

http://www.cijoint.fr/cj201104/cijDriKxju.jpg

Happy Collecting.

Blair

Thank you very much Blair. The problem with Scott catalog is that it doesn't
show pictures for all the stamps in a series, and, in this case, even the
description of 1239 is somewhat vague as 1238 also shows an emblem and I
thought that perhaps there were only minor difrerences. I apprceiate very
much your help.

best wishes,
Pedro

You are most welcome, Pedro. I too have been the victim of Scotts
less than
complete listings. That is a problem when you are an All World
catalogue.
Luckily, now you can go online.and usually get an answer. I find that
EBAY is
a good source of scans of stamps. Not always great scans, but you
still get
the information.

Blair