Old October 9th 03, 05:15 PM

mz wrote:

Thanks, Frank. Just showing my inexperience, I guess. I thought
they were different because the nib and feed of the Dip-Less
could be removed from the unit that screwed into the section, so
the nib alone could be replaced with the same feed and fitted
back into the same unit, while the nib and feed of the Renew
Points were integral to the unit (like modern Pelikans),
requiring the entire unit to be replaced when changing nibs.

You still have it wrong. They are the SAME thing. There is NO
difference. They are never supposed to be removed from the feed or
collar that holds the feed and nib together as a unit. Of course it is
possible to do so regardless of the design.

One more time--there is no such thing as a Dip-Less nib and a Renew nib
in terms of any difference. It is one and exactly the same renewable
screw in combination nib and feed unit assembly.

The feed of a Dip-Less set is never supposed to be removed except as
part of the standard Esterbrook unscrewable nib unit which, once again,
is exactly the same unit used in their fountain pens. Frank