Old June 25th 08, 08:14 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Arnold Quarry

Default Baseball question

single-signed on the sweetspot....one player per ball

"Sue H" wrote in message
I was wondering about what would ruin a value of a baseball.

I got an official ball signed by Bill Buckner and then today I almost
brought it and got Lee Smith to sign it as they played together
briefly (I think one season).

What constitues a better thing: two separate balls, a ball with
players all from the same team (and do they have to be same year(s),
Or is it bad to get someone of lesser known status on a ball with
someone of a more major status?

I ended up not bringing the ball as I thought perhaps Buckner was best
left on that alone (unless I can get a couple major names from the
year the ball went between his legs). Thoughts?

My question makes me wonder about music graphs too. So say I got some
70's-80's band signatures but later on they have new band members. If
I had say a generic item like a pickguard or drum head, would it be
good to get the other sigs, or leave it to the ORIGINAL members? I
would think getting a CD or photo signed which a new member was not
part of would not be cool, but not sure about more generic things.
Opinion?