Old February 23rd 04, 10:49 AM
MBG

On 23 Feb 2004 06:31:55 GMT, ustion (mark) wrote:

From:
(P.Nichols)

But here's the rub: according to recent price lists, my coins have
almost all gone up in value and are now worth about $6k as opposed to
the $4k I paid for them a year and a half ago.

How did you arrive at the $6k figure?

PCGS web site.
And now does that method compare with
the $4k investment? I.E., is $4k what you paid *and* what they were retailing
for?

It's a rough estimate, but basically the $4k is what I paid, the $6k
is what PCGS says they are worth. The PCGS prices were a little higher
- at the time I bought them - than what I paid on ebay.

Is $6k the retail or the wholesale (e.g., graysheet or blue book) price?

PCGS web site prices, whatever those are.

Did you buy from the same one or two sellers on ebay, or from a variety?

A variety, though the 3 MS64 and MS65 slabbed Morgans that went up the
highest were from one seller.

Are they slabbed or raw?

All slabbed, mostly PCGS and NGC. I realize the non-NGC/PCGS coins
will be worth a little less or harder to sell.

And either way, have you had anyone else assess the
grading and concur with the grades, and hence the valuations?

No, I thought if it was slabbed PCGS and PCGS says it is worth X, then
a coin dealer will generally pay X. No? What's the point of buying
slabbed coins by PCGS if you have to have someone else grade and
assess them?

Just asking. I am no expert on this stuff.