Old April 17th 05, 09:16 PM
RW Julian

I have noticed this seller (v.kr.) selling Russian roubles on several
occasions and have
not seen anything questionable. The following piece, as you say, appears
to be genuine.
The current price is over 3,000 euros, a good indication of its value on
the current market.

For those who collect the Russian Imperial commemorative roubles, I am
of the opinion
that the 1912 Alexander III piece may be rarer than the 1914 Gangut but
the Gangut piece
has had a stronger fascination for collectors because of the association
with Peter the Great.

RWJ

Bob Hairgrove wrote:

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 16:32:01 -0500, RW Julian
wrote:

The following Russian 1914 Gangut rouble on eBay is a fake:

The seller has been reported on previous occasions, but eBay, as usual,
did nothing.
This time I am posting photos of the obverse and reverse of a genuine
Gangut rouble
on alt.binaries.pictures.numismatic.

Here is one which appears to be genuine:

Unfortunately, the seller ships only to Europe. But perhaps they would
make an exception if asked?

--
Bob Hairgrove