Old April 16th 05, 11:53 PM
Bob Hairgrove

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 16:44:25 -0500, RW Julian
wrote:

RW Julian wrote:

The following Russian 1914 Gangut rouble on eBay is a fake:

The seller has been reported on previous occasions, but eBay, as
usual, did nothing.
This time I am posting photos of the obverse and reverse of a genuine
Gangut rouble
on alt.binaries.pictures.numismatic.

Sorry, I cannot get ABPN on my news server. But if you could quote the
Uzdenikov number here, I will look at the pictures there (I always
have trouble locating the commemoratives in Uzdenikov).

Another item sold by this seller seems to have been reported as fake
(look on www.toolhaus.org for the negs):

I was going to bid on his Alexander III 1883 Coronation rouble, but
now I shall definitely stay away.

--
Bob Hairgrove