Old September 7th 04, 11:46 AM
trippin28track

PS- to whom it may concern- this thread was started before Russ
Forster informed me, that his movie was indeed NOT out of print. In
that case I re-assured him I would not be offering it as a dub- out of
respect for his copyright and artistic credits due. He has my
apologies and promise.

I had tried to get the movie in VHS from Russ some time ago, he never
answered my email asking about the movie. I emailed him twice. Later,
he did sell me back issues of 8-track mind magazine though. It seemed
he was cleaning out his old stock, as he was down to just a few
issues- not a complete set. When I then tried to get the movie from
Amazon.com, I paid some obscure book store $20 and still got no movie.
I had to have my credit card backcharge the online bookstore for a
refund.

I later found a 2nd hand copy of the DVD version on the net and bought
it. After repeated emails from many trackers saying the movie is "out
of print", I assumed indeed it was out of print. The only way to get
a copy at that point, would be a dubbed copy, or 2nd hand copy- retail
new was unavailable.

My gut feeling is, the VHS So Wrong movie may not be obtainable over
the long term on a steady basis. Russ no doubt would have to fork up
the funds to have another run of tapes made- it appears he had a lot
made up, sold them out, and didn't restock. That's my gut feeling by
reading between the lines of his emails.

Perhaps he did run off another run of VHS tapes. Time will tell. In
the meantime, please disregard my original post on this thread- as I
won't short circuit Russ with dubs- when he still has originals. I'm
taking his word on that, but to be honest I'm starting to have my
doubts about how truthful it is.

Just trying to get the movie's message out. There was no obscene
profit motive involved on my part.

Russ offered a solution of selling copies with written permission and
a monetary sum- but then retracted it based on some political post I
had made here. That's ok with me. I guess Russ has strong
anti-Republican tendencies. I informed him, I was registered
Independent. (lol) This process was quite useful, as it revealed a
lot about Russ Forster's political bias- in that respect his recent
emailings have been very revealing and informing as to just what's on
his mind politically. It appears this current election is wearing on
him a bit. Unfortunately, after hearing his political views via
email, it greatly detracted from the aura his 8-track movie once had
to me. But it still glows, albeit quite diminished compared to
before.

Bottom line, if you want the movie, contact Russ. If you can't get
it, let someone know. Let's keep trackers worlwide informed.

t2-8t