Old February 9th 12, 12:16 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.coins
Jerry Dennis

Default What is your opinion on coin / medallic / token covers?

On Feb 8, 4:13*pm, Toke Nørby wrote:
I'm writing on a small article about coin covers and would like to
know why these covers are made and to whom they are sold.

Are there any of you stamp or coin collectors who collect such covers?
or is there a special group of collectors who buy them?

Thanks in advance for your feedback / opinion.

(posted in rec.collecting.stamps.discuss and rec.collecting.coins)

Mvh
Toke
--

Læs om "Skivearket" og "Skibsgrisens Flugt"
eller om Klasselotteriets inspektører 1753-2010:http://norbyhus.dk/

They're pretty much a marketing ploy by the Mint to make a few extra
bucks. For the most part, coin collectors don't buy them, preferring
the coin itself as opposed to a "cover." Like anything, the covers
have their collectors so I don't begrudge them. I'm sure we all have
our own "oddballs" that other collectors would say,
"Whatsamattafo'you?"

Jerry