Old February 8th 12, 09:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss,rec.collecting.coins
Terry Reedy

Default What is your opinion on coin / medallic / token covers?

On 2/8/2012 4:13 PM, Toke Nørby wrote:
I'm writing on a small article about coin covers and would like to
know why these covers are made and to whom they are sold.

I am not sure I have seen what you refer to. Do they have real coins? or
foil-covered cardboard, like the covered with 'gold-bars' inside a
plastic window.

Are there any of you stamp or coin collectors who collect such covers?
or is there a special group of collectors who buy them?

For the gold-foil covers, the special group includes fools who think
they are actually getting gold, or at least metal of some sort. They are
a headache for show dealers who get to tell them the bad news that the
covers are at best worth pennies on the dollars paid.

tjr