Old January 31st 04, 11:12 AM
Victor Manta

"DROGER Jean-Paul" wrote in message

I prefer used stamps, when it is possible!
snip
I find it is easier to protect and keep safe a used stamp collection,
you have no problem with gum and moistry!!
For expensive stamps in France (higher then 100$) I wonder that I see
so many MNH stamps, when I was young, (1950)I saw all mint stamp
collections with nice an heavy hinges!! I know that gum industry has
made progress to transform a MH in a MNH. Some French experts refuse to
sign the gum, or better refuse to say this is an original gum without
reparation.

--
Jean-Paul DROGER

It is maybe easier to protect the used stamps, but are we always searching
for just the easiest way? If so, then the easiest way is to not collect
stamps at all.

As for how and what you saw when you were young, one can suppose that you
had a better vision then. Maybe the same applies to the mentioned French
experts. :-)

Victor Manta

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org
Art on Stamps: http://values.ch
Romania Shown by Its Stamps: http://marci-postale.com
Communism on Stamps: http://www.values.ch/Communism/
Spanish Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/
Remove "um" from the e-mail address to reply