Old June 15th 04, 03:32 PM
WinWinscenario

To me it looks like a lot of people are breaking up a lot of the sets
just to get a elusive MS69 coin.
To me it looks like some kind of a lottery. How many sets get broke
up to get one really nice coin?

The advantages of breaking them out is that
1- Your coins are better preserved in slabs than in original mint packaging.
2- Some psychologists think the primary human motivation is to seek certainty.
That explains the religious impulse. It also explains why some would rather
have a known MS-66 than an unknown ?MS-69?still in Mint packaging.
3- Some people can make a lot of money if they hit the lottery by getting a
high-grade coin out of their sets, and are willing to gamble.
4- Others just like to manipulate their belongings, exercising their rights of
ownership. When the thrill of inspecting them has worn off, the next step is
to change the packaging.

Regards,
Tom