Old April 29th 09, 08:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Asia-translation

Default Spanish overprint

According to Count Ciano's Diaries, he left for Spain on the 9 July,
and was back in Rome on the 19th. The Diaries are blank for the
Spanish visit, but he does record (on the 19th)

'I have set down my impressions of Spain in a notebook. The Duce is
quite satisfied with the report on my Spanish trip.'

Elsewhere, Ciano is not very flattering about Franco. Unfortunately,
as my copy of the Diaries lacks an index, I can't trace the relevant
comments.

Tony of the Antipodes