Old April 29th 09, 06:46 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

Default Spanish overprint

Thank you all for your efforts. All the information you've provided is quite
interesting to me, and I think that it will be useful to place it on my
webpages. I could never have found anything about it without your help and
that overprint would have remained as a mistery in my collection.

Thanks again for your help,
Pedro

"Tony Vella" wrote in message
news
Hola Pedro.

According to an entry on a Spanish philatelic forum dated 2007, the stamps
with the overprint "Málaga saluda al Conde Ciano, 17-7-39" were financed
and overprinted by Juan Marra "without official authorization". A later
entry about this Juan Marra sees him and his company OFILMA as "a
well-known dealer and forger of Civil War locals. He was particularly
known for his forgeries of the Granada overprints and the "Junta de
Defensa" issues".

Hope this helps.
--
Tony Vella
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

"Pedro" wrote in message
Hello all,

Can somebody give me some information regarding the overprint in this
Spanish stamp? I couldn't find any in the Spanish Edifil stamp catalog,
perhaps someone can locate info about it in Scott.

http://cjoint.com/?eEogdpnTfr

Thanks,
Pedro