Old April 29th 09, 06:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pedro

Default Spanish overprint

Malaga is a province of Spain. It is interesting to know that it may be a
private overprint as Blair appoints. It read "Malaga saluda al conde ___"
which means "Malaga salutes the count/earl ____". It may be making reference
to a certain count visit to Malaga, perhaps. Interesting!

Pedro

"rodney" wrote in message

The 4 arrows tied with a sash (LHS of opt)
is the flag of the Spanish Phalanx political party of that era
any help?
I cannot make out any names to Google

what about the top name "malaga" maliga?-??

"Pedro" wrote in message
Hello all,

Can somebody give me some information regarding the overprint in this
Spanish stamp? I couldn't find any in the Spanish Edifil stamp catalog,
perhaps someone can locate info about it in Scott.

http://cjoint.com/?eEogdpnTfr

Thanks,
Pedro