Old April 29th 09, 03:32 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jay T. Carrigan[_2_]

Default Spanish overprint

Your stamp is listed in my 1991 Edifil "especializado" in
the "Emisiones Locales Patrioticas" section (page 378).

See http://www.jaypex.com/Spain/Malaga.jpg.

I can't make out the second word of the overprint, but it
has something to do with Italy's Count Ciano and is dated
17.7.39. Google tells me that Ciano visited Spain in the
summer of 1939.

Jay Carrigan
www.jaypex.com

In article , says...

Hello all,

Can somebody give me some information regarding the overprint in this
Spanish stamp? I couldn't find any in the Spanish Edifil stamp catalog,
perhaps someone can locate info about it in Scott.

http://cjoint.com/?eEogdpnTfr

Thanks,
Pedro