Old April 15th 10, 09:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Onderbaadjie

Default Can anyone identify a coin(s) for me please?

First, you will have to know about Asian Coins, it is "brass" looking,
is 2 cm across and a 5 mm hole in the center. There are 2 characters
on the bottom of one side and some type of grain like wheat or rice
bent into almost a half circle above the 2 characters. On the reverse,
3 slightly larger characters, then 2 characters opposite of each other
on the sides of the coin that look almost like a seedling of a bean
plant with 4 smaller characters below that.
The first side is here at;
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/c...Coin/Side1.jpg

The second side is at;
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/c...Coin/Side2.jpg

I would just like to know the Country of origin and the local
denomination (I do not need the USD value), it is just for a very
large collection I am building for my son. I picked up many coins and
paper all throughout Africa and Eastern / Western Europe as well as
the Caribbean Islands, I just have not seen this one before.

Second is this one that appears to possibly be a Token from Japan,
can't remember where I got it. It is at;
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/c...oken_Maybe.jpg

Walter