Old September 28th 04, 11:13 PM
Stompy

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:13:05 +0100, mz wrote
(in article ):

I'm not sure what you mean by "...how much sediment the ink
will throw." Since you're familiar with Frank, you might
also remember how many times he mentioned FP inks don't have
pigments, i.e., solids, but contain dyes. If you have an ink
with "sediment" don't use it in any FP, Parker 61 or otherwise.

An excellent point and well made. What I meant was what sort of residue would
the ink leave behind if it evaporated a little in the pen.

Also, Nathan has stated Noodler's was formulated to emulate
Parker Quink and Sheaffer Skrip of the 1950s, a period when
these inks were especially FP-friendly. Given this is
roughly the same era as your Parker 61, there should be no
problem.

HTH,
Mark Z.

I bit the bullet and filled my Parker 61 with Legal Lapis, and after a couple
of written pages I'm glad I did. I nice turquoise shaded blue back which
flows wonderfully.

Thanks.