Old May 17th 10, 11:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Michael Benveniste[_2_]

Default Scanning Coins - What Scanner?

"sealladh58" wrote:

So, I am reluctantly still searching for a new scanner. At the moment
the Epson Perfection V350 or HP Scanjet G3110 seem to be suitable.
Both seem to have downloadable drivers for Windows 7 (64-bit).

Have you tried using VueScan software with your current
scanner?
http://www.hamrick.com/

I found that scanning coins with my older Epson 3170 is
decidedly hit or miss, especially for slabbed coins.
Here's a sample of the variation I see even from one side
of a coin to another:

http://wemightneedthat.biz/Coins/190...entavo-Obv.jpg
http://wemightneedthat.biz/Coins/190...entavo-Rev.jpg

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
Its name is Public opinion. It is held in reverence. It settles