Old May 16th 10, 10:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_9_]

Default Scanning Coins - What Scanner?

? "sealladh58" ?????? ??? ??????

Thanks for your suggestion, but so far I have not had any success.
Although I can find the driver for the Perfection 2400 scanner Windows
7 won't seem accept it for the Perfection 1640. Windows detects there
is a 1640 there and I can't see a way to fool the system into thinking
it is a 2400 so that I can use the new driver.

So, I am reluctantly still searching for a new scanner. At the moment
the Epson Perfection V350 or HP Scanjet G3110 seem to be suitable.
Both seem to have downloadable drivers for Windows 7 (64-bit).

Go for the Epson.
I have the 2450 PHOTO and it still delivers excellent scannings!
I had a HP before and had only trouble with it...
As someone have mentioned, I hope I can find Win 7 drivers when upgrading my
OS (I'm still running on XP on this machine).

rgrds

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/golanule/
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html