Old June 7th 05, 05:13 AM

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 19:15:24 GMT, "Roger Smith"
wrote:

wrote in message
To clarify your clarification, it's wrong. Although you MAY register a
copyright in the United States, it is not necessary in order to have an
enforceable copyright in the United States. There is NO requirement to
register a copyright. See here for more information:
http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/fa....html#register

HTH

--
Allen Bohart
APS, PSS, VSC, BNAPS, USSS(pending)

Allen

Inevitably in an OT message I could not go into the details that the subject
would have warranted elsewhere, but the US is pretty unique in having the
following requirement:

"You will have to register, however, if you wish to bring a lawsuit for
infringement of a U.S. work."

That is a quote from the extracts that you provided. Contrary to your
statement, registration is therefore necessary for the copyright to be
enforceable, but I think we are splitting hairs here and we agree on what
the law requires:-)

This is EXACTLY why I have copy written a computer / synthesizer
program when I did. Only cost me $20 and it was / is still unique, as
I understand it.

After a period of time, though, I realized I couldn't keep up with the
BIG BOYS writing this type of software and have given up even the
source code for it - which was submitted to the Copyright Office
originally.

It was a good experiment!

Tracy Barber
adirondack-pc