Old November 3rd 04, 05:37 AM
nachogrande

"Rodney" wrote in message
Great!
Mr. Herst, a true raconteur.

I had read in some early magazines the accepted norm was
"there is no place for any cinderella, in any exhibit". I find this
attitude surprising and rather elitist.

This may have been true in days past. But many "regulations" and "norms"
of the past have slid away. Today a postal history exhibit can legitimately
include cinderellas that are postally used and consistent with the rest of
the exhibit. Exposition ("world's fairs") material frequently contains
cinderellas promoting the event or participants. Got a cover from an
exhibitor with a sticker, an expo commemorative and an expo station cancel
and you have a gold mine!

chuck in persia