Old March 2nd 04, 06:27 PM
joe blow

Default Problem with Rockola 424 Princess Royal Gripper

I am new to jukeboxes, and I'm trying (with the help of the service manual)
to get a Rockola 424 working again. The problem I'm having right now is that
the gripper arm is jamming after lifting a few inches from the turntable.
This happens even when I turn the little wheel on the bottom of the gripper
motor, to move the mechanism manually. It appears that the motion to turn
the gripper into the vertical orientation it needs to "flip over" isn't
happening. I don't find much info in the service manual about how this
procedure is supposed to happen, as it seems to be mechanical, not
electrical, in nature. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, if
anyone can recommend other documentation that I can buy so I can "help
myself," I'd be very interested.