Old December 21st 03, 01:50 AM
mimages

I have found one good book for markings on pewter items, but haven't looked
for this type of item.

I am curious, why do people not like to mention the name of "that big
auction site"? Is there a copyright or other legal concern?

"Kris Baker" wrote in message
m...

"Jme" wrote in message
om...
Thanks for the feedback. You're a great knowledge bank. May I ask, is

there
a place on the web that I can turn to for researching this type of item?

would probably still need to know what to look for, but I really want to
learn.

Thanks.

Not really. Many people look through "that big auction site"
to find similar items, and there's been a few attempts to
put up web pages with mark/backstamp references....but
generally, your local big bookstore is the best place to
research.

Kris